Intake/Family Support Worker
Contract Position to March 2021
Geneva Centre for Autism is an international leader in the development and delivery of clinical intervention services and training. We offer a wide range of clinical services which are determined individually for each person with an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
Reporting to the Clinical Supervisor, the Intake/Family Support Worker provides intake and family support services to families and care-givers who contact the Centre, including developing an Individualized Service Plan to assist families in navigating and coordinating service and supports.
• Act as first point of contact for families and facilitates their entry into programs/services
• Conduct needs assessments with families in person/remote with families to discuss service options and resources as well as explore ASD diagnosis with parents
• Develop individualized plans for participants in order to enable them to access services
• Make internal and external referrals
• Maintain administrative tasks such as case notes, updating information trackers
• Prepare for and facilitate clinical groups for clients
• Support families in advocating for appropriate service plans for their children
• Attend community outreach initiatives such as conferences, presentations and fairs
• Act as a resource contact for external services and clients
• Other duties as assigned.
• University degree in Social Work, BSW
• Applied knowledge of community-based service delivery systems
• Previous service coordination, planning and advocacy experience
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Demonstrate strength as a team player
• Superior interpersonal and communication skills
• Effective problem solving and judgement skills
• Superior organizational and time management skills.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and current resume to:
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Geneva Centre for Autism is committed to diversity and inclusivity in employment. Geneva Centre for Autism is also committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities during the recruitment, assessment and selection process. Please notify us if you require accommodation in respect of the materials or procedures used at any time during this process. If you require accommodation Geneva Centre for Autism will work with you to determine how to meet your needs.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!