Kids Kottage Foundation
Job Posting for Accounting Technician – Temporary maternity leave coverage
Are you passionate about seeing a community where no child is at risk? Bring that passion to Kids Kottage Foundation!
Role: Accounting Technician – temporary twelve month leave coverage
We are looking for hard-working team members, who embrace compassion, believe in inclusivity, innovation, demonstrate courage, respect and accountability, and believe in the power of prevention services.
Every year, 1,200 children stay at Kids Kottage. Kids Kottage Foundation aims to make a difference, not only today, for children and their support systems, but also for tomorrow, by promoting social change in our current complex world.
This position is ideal for applicants who thrive on working independently, establishing strong relationships with your colleagues, detail orientated, professional, and managing multiple priorities daily.
Kids Kottage Foundation is recruiting for an Accounting Technician (twelve month maternity leave position). Reporting to the Executive Director, the Accounting Technician is responsible for the coordination of all day to day accounting operations of the Foundation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Bi-monthly payroll administration, and calculations
• Posting payment notices
• Posting and reconciling entries
• General Ledger postings
• Perform financial analysis and account reconciliations
• Prepare and support financial audit process
• Prepare comparative income statements, financial reports, and budgets
• Performing data entry
• Assisting with reception coverage
• 1 + years of experience in Accounting Clerk position
• Post-secondary accounting education
• Experience with non-profit accounting an asset
• Advanced excel knowledge
• Adept in using various accounting software platforms
• Advanced working knowledge of all aspects of Microsoft Office
• High accuracy and attention to detail
• First rate written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Available to start October 1, 2020
● Strong attention to detail
● Excellent time management and planning skills
● Strong communicator
● Strong analytical skills
● A “roll up your sleeves” mentality
● Driven towards excellence
● Confident – can speak authentically to the Kids Kottage team through straight forward and blunt conversation when needed
● Professional in image and demeanor
• Work schedule includes Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
• Work is performed in a professional office setting
An excellent compensation and benefits package awaits the successful candidate.
HOW TO APPLY
For the opportunity to join our client, the Kids Kottage Foundation, in the role of the Accounting Technician (temporary maternity leave coverage), please email your resume to dataentry.HR@kidskottage.org
* We thank all applicants for your submissions; however, only candidates being considered for this role will be contacted.*
Value Statement: All children have inherent value as individuals and are recognized to have specific rights, established under the 1989 United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child. Kids Kottage Foundation respects and upholds these specific and inherent rights.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!