Be someone's eyes and ears. Bring the world to a person who is deafblind.
Sensity has an exciting opportunity for a Full Time Intervenor (maternity leave coverage) to join our team in Brighton, ON on a fixed term contract until March 2021.
We also have a permanent Part time opening! The Intervenor supports communication and day-to-day living for individuals who are living with dual sensory impairment so that they may live independently. Join us to learn new skills and experience personal growth and fulfillment.
- Full Time 33-40hrs week (shifts include: days, evenings, and weekends on a rotational schedule - no overnight shifts)
- Part Time 20-30hrs week (shifts include: days, evenings, and weekends on a rotational schedule- no overnight shifts)
- A competitive wage
- Paid sick days
- benefits and RRSP matching and health care spending account for the permanent part time position if you work 20 hours or more per week.
- Supporting the consumer in their home and community environments.
- Using communication techniques to relay information.
- Empowering the consumer to participate and be successful in all aspects of daily living including personal hygiene, meal preparation, house cleaning, volunteerism, among others.
- Providing personal care as required (e.g. lifts and transfers, toileting, personal hygiene, medication administration, etc.).
- Assisting with developing and supporting consumer goals and objectives.
- Assisting with program development.
- Ensuring documentation and records are complete
Education and Related Experience:
- We will train you to support our clients through our in-house training program
- Completion of a college diploma or certificate in the Intervenor for Deafblind Persons program, or: Developmental Services Worker (DSW), Social Services Worker (SSW), Community Services Worker (CSW), Communicative Disorders Assistant (CDA), Personal Support Worker (PSW), or a related human services field.
- Experience supporting persons with developmental disabilities
- Communication in American Sign Language (ASL) or Signed Exact English (SEE)
- Employment is conditional upon receipt of a successful Vulnerable Persons Police Clearance.
- Valid G Driver's License, clean driver's abstract and 2 Million Liability Insurance
- This position requires repetitive hand motion and good manual dexterity and moderate stooping, bending and lifting. The incumbent must be able to lift 35 lbs to 50 lbs on an occasional basis. The position will be required to work indoors and outdoors.
Apply NOW with your Resume
We thank all applicants, however, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. Sensity is an equal opportunity employer and we value the importance of diversity and dignity in the workplace. We are committed to developing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted by Sensity regarding a job opportunity, please advise prior to the interview if you require accommodation and we will work with you to make appropriate arrangements.