Client Service Worker
Location: Calgary – Killarney
Position Type: Regular Full-time
Competition #: WISH050720
For more than 130 years, The Salvation Army has had the privilege of serving vulnerable people in communities across Canada. Last year, we helped over 1.7 million people. The Salvation Army not only provides the necessities of life such as food, clothing and shelter, but our programs address needs such as addictions, language barriers, loneliness, unemployment and family challenges. Our services continually adapt to meet emerging needs.
At work in more than 400 communities across the country, The Salvation Army has grown to become one of Canada’s largest non-governmental providers of social services. An organization that has people at the core of its mission, they have taken unprecedented measures during COVID-19—altered their programs and service delivery—to ensure that those who rely on them for help stay healthy and safe.
Mission and Core Values
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world.
Our values underpin all that we do:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us
Reporting to the Women’s Residential Services Manager, the Client Service Workers provide client-centered support to women in a small 12 bed residential setting. We are seeking candidates with a proven customer service approach and solid references to support their compassion toward people. We require people who enjoy serving others and who can maintain their composure when situations escalate.
We are seeking people who have a passion for helping others despite the pandemic,
and that are available to start immediately.
This position is Regular Full-Time 40 hours per week; Sunday to Thursday from 3:00 P.M. to 11:30 P.M.
- Provide entry to, and answer inquiries from, residents and visitors in a pleasant and courteous manner, while ensuring authorized people enter the building
- Conduct respectful client intake interviews, ensuring information is accurate, complete and documented, at the same time ensuring that residents receive and understand the expectations of them
- Answer phone, respond to inquiries, take messages, and forwards messages to staff and residents
- Accurately record pertinent information in the client database, logbooks, communication books and prepare occurrence reports as required
- Complete program documentation including meal lists, end of stay notices, rental receipts, contracts, incident reports, and other reports, as required
- Store, record, and provide residents their medication and gear, following all policies and procedures
- Perform light housekeeping duties to keep the work area tidy, clean and sanitized
- Provide supplies and assistance to residents as needed, as well as receive concerns and providing avenues for resolution
- Communicate with co-workers during shift change
- Coordinate client care relating to their safety and security
- Pack up and store resident gear/belongs, as well as dispose of gear left behind
- Perform attendant duties in the public laundromat, do laundry, and perform light housekeeping duties in the laundromat
- May assist with pandemic public health measure such as screening residents and others entering the building.
- Perform other related activities asked of by the manager and/or team leader on duty
- Grade 12 Diploma is required
- Proficient in computer use, including Microsoft Office and database(s)
- Previous experience in the social services setting is a definite asset
- Able to work with a diverse population including those experiencing strong emotions, distress, trauma and fear
- Energetic and able to manage stressful situations calmly, especially when serving a high volume of people needing service
- Well-developed interpersonal, conflict resolution and negotiating skills
- High morals, ethics and integrity
- Emergency First Aid/CPR is an asset
- A college diploma in a human services program is an asset
Working for The Salvation Army has many benefits
In additional to being part of a recognized international organization where your work makes a difference, the following are available:
Employees will be enrolled in these benefits, some of which are mandatory, and you may not opt out. These benefits start once you have completed 3 months of service.
View our website to learn more about this and other programs we offer: www.salvationarmycalgary.org/residential.html
Position will remain posted until the right candidate is found.
In accordance with The Salvation Army policy and legislated requirements, employment is conditional upon the verification of credentials and completion of a background check that includes a Police Information Check and Child Intervention Check.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable Human Rights Legislation. If you require a disability related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!