ConneXions is a mid-sized non-profit organization that provides a variety of services to people with intellectual disabilities. We have a new Executive Director and are expanding in exciting new ways. Our vision is an inclusive community where everyone has the opportunity to live active, fulfilling lives.
The Director of Community Programs and Quality Assurance is accountable for the overall planning, administration and delivery of a variety of community programs and services including numerous contracted services, family services and a community apartment building. These duties are carried out directly or through reporting managers/staff and are consistent with Board approved policies, goals and objectives and are in accordance with legal, statutory, constitution and other requirements. The Director oversees the Human Resources functions of the organization including hiring of new employees, staff development, labour relations, work injury claims and health and safety programs. The Director also acts as the Society lead for CARF accreditation, Continuous Quality Improvement and Accessibility. In consultation with the senior team, the Director is responsible for grant writing for the society, writing of policies and procedures, and editing and proofreading other content created by the leadership team. In co-ordination with the Executive Director and the Leadership team, the primary goal of the Director of Community Programs and Quality Assurance is to promote and ensure best practice standards are being followed not only within the assigned programs but throughout the organization. Operating from a continuous quality improvement perspective and delivering high quality community programs maintains North Shore ConneXions Society position as a leader in community living.
- Oversee a variety of community programs including, Family Support, Community-based Lifeskills, Respite, Home Sharing, Quay View Housing Society
- Oversee the Human Resources Department
- Directly supervise Program Managers and the HR Manager
- Function as a member of the Senior Leadership team
- In consultation with the senior team, write policies and procedures, and edit and proofread other society content
- Lead the delivery and organization of the CQI Committee
- Take the lead role in all CARF (Accreditation) initiatives including Accessibility, Society Outcomes, Satisfaction Surveys and committee work
- Responsible for all grant writing for the society
- Family access services such as offering one-to-one personal support on an outreach basis through education and problem solving. Assist families to expand their existing network and with transition planning
- Support Program Managers to address issues related to hiring, performance, discipline, grievances, arbitration and discharge
- In co-ordination with the Executive Director, represent the Employer in union matters including grievance negotiations and bargaining discussions
- Support the Building Manager at Quay View Housing Society and answer public inquiries
- Participation in resolving and effectively managing emergency and crisis situations
- Attendance and participation at meetings, conferences, ConneXions board meetings and those of other organizations, networking events and other events.
- An academic and business level of writing competency is necessary for this role
- Able to function independently and frequently under pressure, while managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
- Initiative and ingenuity in program development
- Established teamwork, leadership and supervisory skills
- Demonstrated community development skills
- A strong commitment to person-centred practices. Self-motivated and excellent organizational skills
- Experience and knowledge working in a unionized environment
- Microsoft computer competency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- University degree with a focus on social services, psychology, counselling or other related field. Equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in senior leadership, supervisory, and administrative control positions within the social services sector.
- Demonstrated experience working with employment standards and legislation, government systems and policies, social programs and services, funding sources, information technology, financial management and labour relations.
- Experience as a contributing member of a local board would be an asset.
- CAR REQUIRED with a class 5 BCDL
Please address cover letter to Nathalie Callender
Some remote work available
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview. North Shore ConneXions Society is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against age, gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, or disability.