We are very excited to report that we are expanding our operations again!
The successful individual would have the opportunity to join a dedicated team of individuals who are focused on helping many of our most vulnerable clients become housed.
Housing vulnerable clientele includes performing housing searches, negotiating with landlords on behalf of the client, helping to acquire much needed household goods, coordinating moving and utilities services, and arranging home visits.
EMPLOYEE CATEGORY: Part-Time
SALARY: Starting at $25.40 per hour.
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 (one) vacancy
HOURS OF WORK: Monday to Wednesday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., but may vary according to client needs.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- accompanying client on housing search, negotiating a tenancy agreement with landlord, and arranging for security deposits and payment of rent.
- acquiring furnishings and household items, arranging utilities, and negotiating moving allowances with Ministry of Social Development and Poverty Reduction.
- arranging movers and assisting with move, if necessary.
- conducting in-home visits.
- facilitating participation in social, vocational, recreational, educational, and self-help programs in the community.
- assisting with problem solving related to activities of daily living.
- providing life skills training in identified areas which may include: self-care, home management, nutrition, money management, personal effectiveness, personal safety, health and fitness, medication management, and community integration.
- collaborating with Burnaby Mental Health case managers to support client’s self-directed goals.
- developing Recovery Plan Reviews with client and case manager.
- facilitating on-going implementation and evaluation of Recovery Plans.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!