POSTING NUMBER: 2020-MR-CAS
POSITION: Nurse – RN/RPN, Casual
UNION: HSA or BCNU – Nurses’ Bargaining Unit
PROGRAM: Beckman House and Beckman Apartments, Maple Ridge
SALARY RANGE: $35.53 – $46.65
SCHEDULE: Casual basis
START DATE: ASAP
** All applicants must be registered through the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals
Please send cover letters and resumes to citing the posting number
Please note that only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Thank you for your interest.
Job Description – Nurse R.P.N/R.N
Classification Benchmark: Direct Patient Care Profile Classification Level 3
Grid Level: DC3
Collective Agreement: Nurses’ Bargaining Association (NBA)
Reports To: Nurse Manager
Functions and Responsibilities
Responsible for ensuring the continuity of operations in the absence of the full time Manager of
Care. This includes ensuring compliance with the Adult Care Regulations and the Community
Care and Assisted Living Facilities Act, the policies and requirements of Fraser Health and the
philosophy of the MPA Society. Provides leadership and direction to the frontline mental health
workers and the recreation therapist ensuring all care related activities are recovery focused and
based on the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation.
1. Provide direct nursing care utilizing established standards, policies, and procedure to
support the needs of members/residents.
2. Perform nursing assessments in response to noted deviations from baseline functioning,
including goals and needs related to physical, psychological, social concerns.
3. Implement recovery plans including goals and interventions, desired outcomes, in
collaboration with the member and the Mental Health Team.
4. Observe and report changes in physical and psychiatric symptoms
5. Dispense medication in accordance with licensing regulations and pharmacy policies and
6. Monitor and asses member’s response to medication regime, assess for side effects and
7. Guide non-professional staff in the implementation of care plans.
8. Maintain records on member’s health care requirements, medication, vital signs, and other
pertinent data in accordance with established policies and procedures.
9. Provide education to members/residents regarding health care issues
10. Liaise with community agencies such as the Mental Health Team and physicians
11. Perform other duties as assigned by the Manager of Care.
Education, Training & Experience
1. RPN/RN with BHSc (PN)/BSN preferred or equivalent consideration of education and
2. Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience working in a psychiatric residential community care
3. Able to work independently, exercise initiative and good judgement.
4. Excellent communication skills.
5. TB clearance and medical certification.
6. Current CPR and First Aid certification.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!