Position : Clinical Counsellor Closing Date : Open until filled
Type : Part-time (25 Hours a Week) Location : New Westminster
Posting #1 : 1490-092020
We are a human rights and social services charitable not-for-profit agency for women, girls, and children affected by the justice system.
EFry is committed to the belief that people are willing and able to take responsibility for their own lives if provided with the resources, opportunities and skills to do so. We value working together with others who are committed to equality, fairness, and opportunity for those we serve.
We are seeking a part-time Clinical Counsellor within a Family Preservation program located in the New Westminster. The purpose of the position is to work with families that have experienced high levels of conflict or domestic violence. Service is provided in the family home and/or at our offices.
- Assess families and develop a short to medium-term plan to reduce risk of ongoing conflict and to increase the safety of children in the family
- Provide individual and group counselling interventions to address identified service goals. Use specific therapeutic strategies to address client needs, eg. motivational enhancement, EFT, CBT, DBT. psychoeducation
- Monitor and evaluate clients functioning and interaction with family and friends and in the community
- Liaise and work collaboratively with the referrer throughout the period of service provision
- Ensure all required documentation is accurate and complete
- Maintain strict confidentiality of information
- Maintain knowledge of community resources and provide appropriate referrals to clients to meet their needs
- Participate in staff training sessions and public education forums, seminars and conferences relevant to specific program areas
- Participate in individual and group clinical supervision on a monthly basis or as needed. Engage in ongoing professional development.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Registration with a regulatory or professional organization (e.g. BCACC, BCCSW)
- Master’s Degree in a related discipline such as clinical counselling, social work or clinical psychology
- At least two year’s relevant work experience is required
- Direct program delivery experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of community-based programs and related provincial and community
support services systems is preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience working with couples and families
- Knowledge of theories related to family preservation
- Proficient in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and evidence-based interventions
- Familiarity with Ministry and current legislation relating to children and families
- Understanding of the role of culture in relation to family conflict; competent in providing culturally-safe services
- Computer knowledge and ability
- The ability to provide service in a second language, especially Punjabi or Russian, is an advantage
JOB REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Dr’s Note of fitness required
- Local Police search and Provincial Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Clearance required
- Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license
- Clear and current driver’s abstract
- Service is provided to families at their preferred location (home or EFry Office), at a time that is mutually agreed upon. Flexible hours and evening work are expected.
EFry actively promotes a program of employment equity and equal opportunity to ensure equal access to employment opportunity for all persons.