Position : Clinical Counsellor Closing Date : Open Until Filled
Type : Temp Part-time (20 Hours a Week) Location : Chilliwack
Posting #1 : 2500- 092020
We are a human rights and social services charitable not-for-profit agency for women, girls, and children affected by the justice system.
EFry is committed to the belief that people are willing and able to take responsibility for their own lives if provided with the resources, opportunities and skills to do so. We value working together with others who are committed to equality, fairness, and opportunity for those we serve.
We are seeking a Temporary Part-time Clinical Counsellor within an intensive treatment environment to support our program located in Chilliwack. The purpose of the position is to work with women to assist them with substance use and mental health concerns.
- Interview clients to gather case history information
- Develop and implement therapeutic plans and programs necessary to meet client goals and objectives
- Provide individual and group counselling interventions to address identified plans. May use specific therapeutic techniques depending on client type e.g. psychoeducation, CBT, DBT, motivational enhancement
- Work with team to ensure service plan goals are met
- Liaise with substance use and mental health professionals in the community
- Ensure all required documentation is accurate and complete
- Maintain strict confidentiality of information
- Maintain knowledge of community resources and provide appropriate referrals to clients to meet their needs
- Participate in staff training sessions and public education forums, seminars and conferences relevant to specific program areas
- Participate in individual and group clinical supervision on a monthly basis or as needed. Engage in ongoing professional development.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Registration with a regulatory or professional organization (e.g. BCACC, BCCSW)
- Master’s Degree in a related discipline such as clinical counselling, clinical psychology or social work
- At least two year’s relevant work experience is required
- Direct program delivery experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of community-based programs and related provincial and community
support services systems is preferred
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Experience working with vulnerable populations
- Knowledge of theories related to substance use
- Proficient in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), motivational enhancement,and evidence-based interventions
- Familiarity with Ministry and current legislation relating to children and families
- Computer knowledge and ability
JOB REQUIREMENTS & EXPECTATIONS
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- TB Test, Standard First Aid with CPR, and Dr’s Note of fitness required
- Local Police search and Provincial Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Clearance required
EFry actively promotes a program of employment equity and equal opportunity to ensure equal access to employment opportunity for all persons.