ABOUT MÉTIS NATION BRITISH COLUMBIA
Métis Nation British Columbia (MNBC) develops and enhances opportunities for our Métis communities by implementing culturally relevant social and economic programs and services. Through teamwork, respect, dedication, accountability, integrity, and professionalism, MNBC strives to build a proud, self-governing, sustainable Nation in recognition of inherent rights for our Métis citizens, assisting in the delivery of services based on policy, process, and specified regulations.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We are seeking a highly motivated, team-orientated individual to join our Ministry of Employment and Training team as an Office Clerk.
Reporting to the Regional Program Coordinators, the primary objective of the role is coordinate and perform office administrative duties for the Métis Employment and Training Program.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform a variety of administrative duties, including photocopying, sorting, filing, and maintaining records in a confidential manner
- Support the Client Support Workers in maintaining client files and records, ensuring completion and accuracy
- Process client applications via the Accountability and Resources Management System (ARMS)
- Process incoming and outgoing mail, manually or electronically, and coordinate the flow of information internally and externally
- Assist clients and service providers with completing application packages or provide information / documents related to their request.
- Respond to telephone, in-person, or electronic enquiries or forward to appropriate person
- Maintain inventory of office supplies, order supplies as required, and arrange for servicing of office equipment
- Maintain job and communication boards with up-to-date materials
- Gather Ministry of Employment and Training resources, and make them available, in print or electronically, to clients, employers, and staff
- Assist with the development of office management and organization procedures
- Provide general information to staff and clients regarding program rules, regulations, and procedures
- Provide job search assistance to resource area for clients who are not participating in specific programs (job applications, email set up, resume/cover letter help, etc.).
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Certificate, diploma in Office Administration or related field, an asset
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience in an administrative or clerical role
- Combination of relevant experience, education, and training will be considered.
- Knowledge and/or awareness of Métis people in B.C.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with others in order to achieve department goals
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and work with minimal supervision
- Proven ability to utilize, adapt and embrace new technologies, including Word, Excel and other database/software required by the role
- Other duties may be assigned as needed to help ensure the efficient operation of MNBC and Métis Employment and Training Program.
- There will be a need to attend meetings and events which may require work and travel outside of the normal business hours.
- Ability to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Valid BC Class 5 Driver’s license and access to reliable personal vehicle for work purposes.
The above requirements are what MNBC is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change based on needs.
Pursuant to section 41 of the BC Human Rights Code, preference may be given to applicants who self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nation, Métis or Inuit). All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
PLEASE NOTE THAT CANDIDATES MUST APPLY BY Monday, September 21, 2020 at 4:30 PM PST.