Our client, MENTOR Canada, the Canadian Mentoring Partnership, is a coalition of organizations that provide youth mentoring. Their work is focused in four areas: research, technology, public education and development of regional networks. Through a collective impact framework, they convene, lead and participate in gathering, connecting and mobilizing people, knowledge and other resources for collective action and change toward increasing and expanding access to quality mentoring to help every young person fulfill their potential.
MENTOR Canada is seeking a qualified and dynamic Bilingual Digital Products Training & Support Specialist to provide level one support for MENTOR Canada’s software systems, and to design, develop, curate, and deliver instructional materials intended for internal and external audiences regarding MENTOR Canada's software applications, along with related business processes, policies and procedures.
Documentation and Training
- Manage workload to design instructional materials;
- Lead and participate in training sessions in conjunction with product release schedule;
- Research new product releases and work with other internal functional units, as well as external partners, as needed to gain a full understanding of the impact of upcoming enhancements and fixes;
- Craft written materials into training curricula and conduct training sessions for relevant audiences;
- Distribute draft materials to key stakeholders and other individuals for review, and incorporate comments and corrections accordingly;
- Release communications to relevant parties informing them of new and updated materials, software release schedules, system downtime, maintenance, and other information;
- Maintain training and documentation website.
- Deal directly with end users by audio/video call, email, or instant messaging;
- Respond promptly to end user inquiries in a professional manner;
- Handle and resolve end user complaints;
- Obtain and evaluate all relevant information to handle inquiries and complaints;
- Engage appropriate resources or team members to resolve issues;
- Serve as liaison between the customer and various departments;
- Keep records of customer interactions and transactions;
- Record details of inquiries, comments and complaints;
- Record details of actions taken;
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments;
- Follow up on customer interactions.
- Promoting user centered design principles across the organization;
- Conduct usability testing, and other types of user research with individual users (mentors and mentees) and organizational users (individual mentoring organizations);
- Present insights gained from user research in formats such as personas and user journey maps;
- Present findings and related design/business recommendations that informs strategy around product and platform roadmaps;
- Work closely with designers and developers to turn user data into actionable product/service requirements that feed into prototype development, and influence product direction.
- Bilingual (English and French)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in technical writing, education, communications, human-centered design, or equivalent work experience.
- Exposure to desktop publishing, productivity, content management, and support and helpdesk software.
- Ability to learn new, undocumented systems, figure out how the systems work, how people use them, and then communicate all of that clearly to a variety of audiences in writing.
- Exposure to source control and software development process.
- An aptitude for strong visual design is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills including written, verbal and listening communication is required.
- Enjoy working in a complex, multi-stakeholder team environment.
- Ability to complete well defined tasks with minimum supervision.
- Strong ability to analyse, solve, and communicate problems.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to understand and abide by security and privacy policies.
- Ability to multi-task under pressure.
- Extraordinary customer service skills.