Note: Due to Covid-19 we are providing programs both in person and virtually. CPCC follows the advice and requirements as set by Provincial and Peel Public Health directives.
- Assist with the implementation of a focused outreach strategy to Caledon and nearby communities, local business members and known community champions, such as parent councils/resident groups/village associations (in schools and churches).
- Working from the community outreach and engagement plan, assist the MCR&V in all aspects of community engagement, including but not limited to reaching out to agencies/stakeholders in Caledon and surrounding areas and providing them with updated outreach material through visits and/or mailers;
- Assist the MCR&V in the preparation and execution (if timelines permit) of the official Southfields EarlyON Centre "opening" and related Community Centre Grand Opening/Open Houses (e.g. media advisory, press release, advertising, social media, etc.);
- Investigate virtual outreach methods to engage non-traditional users of EarlyON services and encourage participation through conversation, the distribution of promotional material, etc.
- Assist the MCR&V in updating the CPCC's website content, maintaining an electronic database of rural and isolated stakeholders, updating contact information for public and private schools and boards, daycares, preschools, etc.
- Provides administrative support to the outreach and communication function of the organization.
Assist in developing strategies to enhance social and cultural inclusion.
- Applicants must be between ages 15 to 30 years (inclusive) at the start of employment
- Relevant post-secondary education with a strong understanding and competency in outreach, community development, community engagement and digital/social media.
- Must be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and organizational skills.
- Computer literate.
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record and access to reliable vehicle is required.
- First Aid and CPR certification an asset.
- Successful completion of Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Screening is required.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including evenings, weekends).
- Able to lift approximately 25 pounds.
- Additional languages an asset.
Program Requirements: Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada and must fulfill all the requirements of the Canada Summer Jobs program
The Caledon Parent-Child Centre is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals for positions posted. We value the diversity of the people we hire and serve and foster a workplace where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, respected, and responded to in ways that fully develop and utilize each person’s talents and strengths. Efforts will be made to hire youth who self-identify as being part of the groups which are underrepresented or have additional barriers to the labour market.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and all other applicable legislation, The Caledon Parent-Child Centre is pleased to accommodate individual needs for applicants with disabilities within the recruitment process. Please advise if you require an accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.