The Edmonton Chamber of Voluntary Organizations (ECVO) is a member-based non-profit organization serving voluntary sector organizations in Metro Edmonton. ECVO supports non-profit and charitable organizations to build and sustain their volunteer programs and services through resources, networking, and skill development opportunities.
The Programs Specialist will enhance ECVO’s work by supporting the development, delivery and evaluation of key programs and initiatives aimed at building capacity in the non-profit sector in Metro Edmonton. Reporting to the Director of Learning and Development, the Programs Specialist is an integral member of the Learning and Development team and provides leadership in the areas of programming, engagement and volunteerism.
A more detailed job description for this position can be found here.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Support the development, delivery, and evaluation of learning opportunities in various topic areas for non-profit board members and employees
- Support the development, delivery, and evaluation of events and networking opportunities for non-profit professionals
- Foster and maintain relationships and partnerships with key partners and stakeholders for the purpose of program development and delivery
- Support the Learning and Development team to identify themes, trends and areas of growth to direct future programming
- Support Metro Edmonton non-profit agencies and potential volunteers to come together during National Volunteer Week
- Support ECVO’s role as a community convener by participating in the planning, development and delivery of community events
- Promote the Volunteer Connector platform as a key source for volunteer opportunities in Edmonton
- Actively participate in local, provincial and national volunteerism-related networks on behalf of ECVO
- Develop and implement volunteer recognition opportunities in alignment with national and international volunteer recognition initiatives
- Ensure that programs, events and initiatives are evaluated as per the ECVO evaluation framework supported by best practices in evidence-based research and data
Qualifications & Competencies
- A university degree with a focus on human services or a related field;
- 3-5 years capacity-building or program development experience is required;
- Demonstrated ability in the development of learning and development activities.
- An ability to thrive in a team-oriented environment while making independent decisions for the benefit of the organization
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, with proven experience in presenting complex ideas and concepts
- Skilled in developing and maintaining partnerships and collaborative relationships
- Exceptional facilitation, presentation, and communications skills
- Ability to adjust to evolving needs and direction with a high degree of personal initiative
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office and an ability to learn and work with other software applications
- A positive attitude
- A willingness to challenge convention and a desire to learn
- Strong personal motivation and work ethic
- Attention to detail is essential
- Capacity to think critically and creatively
- Enjoys working independently, in partnerships and in team environments
- Courageous and willing to take measured risks
- A really good sense of humor
This position is a full-time position, with a standard workweek of 37.5 hours, over 5 days. Some additional work outside the regular work day is expected for evening and weekend meetings and attendance and participation at special events.
The successful applicant can expect to work both in the office and from home to allow for appropriate physical distancing measures in the workplace.
View the full Programs Specialist Job Description