Team Lead (Diverse Abilities Support) - Bonnyville, Alberta
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Bonnyville, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: Combination of day, evenings and weekends are required.
Number of Positions: 1
Compensation: $22.45 - $26.10 /Hour
The WJS Canada Diverse Abilities Support program (Community Disability Services) in Bonnyville, Alberta helps people with developmental disabilities become active and involved in their communities through supported independent and semi independent living programs. In our passion to improve lives and develop life skills, we encourage inclusion and participation through community living and life skill coaching, career development and family support.
The Town of Bonnyville is located in northeastern Alberta, approximately 240 kilometers (150 miles) from the provincial capital of Edmonton. A great place to work, play and raise a family, it provides the perfect mix of community services through health, educational, recreation and cultural facilities. Surrounded by lakes and majestic boreal forest it’s a treasure trove of natural wonders. For more information visit: http://town.bonnyville.ab.ca/index.php
The Team Lead is responsible for ensuring that the persons we serve, receive quality physical, behavioural and emotional supports. This is achieved through hiring and scheduling staff that are trained and committed to delivering service excellence; developing and monitoring Individual Service Plans, and working directly with the persons served and their families/care teams to develop a safe/goal-oriented program. The Team Leader reports to the Program Director.
In Your Role You Will
• Work a combination of days, evenings (one per week) and weekends (one per month), more if required
• Manage the day to day operation of the programs (facilities, equipment and staffing)
• Schedule, supervise, orient/train and evaluate residential staff
• Ensure comprehensive and accurate recording and reporting of information (e.g. daily logs, incidents reports)
• Approve time sheets and related payroll documents
• Overnight checks required quarterly
• Consult the Program Director in implementing performance improvement plans and as necessary, discipline of staff
• Participate on the assessment/treatment teams for the admission, assessment & placement of individuals referred for service
• Assist the Program Director with the coordination of case conferences
• Be available for on call rotation
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Diploma in Disabilities Studies, Degree in related Social Sciences, Human Services, Special Education, etc.
• A minimum of 5 years' experience providing residential service to persons with developmental disabilities and complex needs AND at least 2 years in a supervisory capacity
• Knowledge of developmental disabilities; augmented by specialized training
• Experience writing and implementing program plans and goals is an asset
• Must have valid class 5 driver license with clear driving abstract and must have reliable transportation
• First Aid/CPR Certification
• Crisis Prevention Intervention, Medication Administration, Abuse Protocol, Proactive Procedures and Behavioural Strategies, Foundations and Disabilities Training
• Clear criminal record check and child welfare check
• Ability to lead staff to meet the requirements of the Individual Service Plan
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Work well in an environment with potential for violence in the workplace; physical intervention skills an asset
• Work with multiple persons served, as well as, with staffing teams – with and without direct supervision
• Follow instructions, and function in a crisis
• Be calm, confident, patient, self-motivated and motivates others and is a positive role model.
• Lift and transfer individuals in service
What WJS Canada does
WJS Canada provides social services to children, youth, adults and families facing difficulties. We provide support and services to persons with developmental disabilities, at-risk youth, offenders who wish to rejoin and contribute to their community and adults recovering from an acquired brain injury.
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, supportive and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
• Generous benefit packages for full time employee (including, extended health, dental, AD&D, Dependent Life Insurance.
No telephone calls please. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Is this the opportunity you've been looking for?
If so, please apply online at www.wjscanada.com
Or click (copy/paste into your internet browser) the link below:
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!