Early Childhood Education Assistant
Who we are
Rooted in Northern BC for over 50 years, the YMCA of Northern BC is a
charity of over 400 staff and volunteers working together to strengthen
the foundations of our community through promoting healthy living,
fostering belonging, inclusion, and connection, and helping children,
families, and seniors thrive. We offer opportunities for personal growth
and create social change through child care services, camp programs,
community health services, employment services, recreation, and health
and fitness services.
What you will do
At the YMCA people are our greatest asset and we are proud to be an
employer of choice. Working at the YMCA means you are part of a fun,
positive team, in an environment of honesty, caring, respect,
responsibility, and inclusivity. The YMCA is the largest not-for-profit
provider of child care in Canada and the YMCA of Northern BC is the
largest provider in the north, serving: Chetwynd, Fort St. James, Fort St.
John, Prince George, and Vanderhoof. YMCA Child Care is a home away
What you will bring
Our educators are passionate about creating lasting positive impact in
the lives of the children in our care from 3 months to 12 years. Our team
of professionals believe in play-based educational programming. We are
nurturing, family-centered, and committed to our YMCA Playing to
Learn™ and YMCA A Place to Connect™ curriculums. Our team members
possess excellent communication skills, a positive attitude, and believe
in the power of teamwork.
Responsibilities and abilities
• Establish and maintain positive daily communication and interaction
with families, providing quality child care, excellent service to families
and building meaningful relationships
• Ensure all safety and supervision standards are implemented and
maintained according to licensing and YMCA requirements
• Enthusiastic and positive nature
Prince George, BC
Full or Part time hours available
What you will gain
$16.00-$18.02 Starting Wage
Starting 3 weeks annual vacation
Paid sick days
Sick days for family members
Full Benefits Package
Annual YMCA Pension contribution
Discount on child care (excluding
infant and toddler care)
P.O. Box 1808 • 2020 Massey Drive • Prince George • BC • V2L 4V7 | 250 562 9341 | nbc.ymca.ca
• Current and valid License to Practice as an ECE-Assistant in BC
• Current Child Care First Aid certification
• Three professional references
• Current Immunization record and TB Test
• Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check with Vulnerable Sector Search. The YMCA will provide applicable
instructions and paperwork.
In addition to bringing a commitment to YMCA vision and values, and an orientation to service, the
candidate should possess the following competencies:
Leadership/Coaching – Ability to direct and develop performance of others to achieve desired result.
1. Negotiation/Communication/Interpersonal Skills Able to speak, write, listen and secure information
in a variety of settings. Ability to cooperate with others to achieve results. Ability to create and build
relationships inside and outside the organization.
2. Planning/Organizing – Ability to establish a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and
others to accomplish short and long term goals.
3. Problem Solving – Ability to identify an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, determine
possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements and evaluates them.
4. Service Strategy – Ability to identify the needs and wants of members/participants as a priority and
respond in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person’s YMCA experience.
5. Initiative/Enthusiasm/Innovation – Ability to manage and lead in order to achieve and exceed
6. Community Awareness and Understanding – Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding
of and appreciation for the vision, mission and values of the organization.
7. Project Resource Management – Ability to manage a project from initial planning to completion.
8. Strategic Planning/Visioning - Ability to visualize future direction and formulate strategies, plans and
action to achieve vision.
How to apply
The YMCA thanks all those interested in this position.
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!