The Manager of Quality Improvement, Risk and Privacy (QIRP) provides the expertise, tools, and means to promote continuous quality improvement, ensuring organizational data integrity, risk and privacy mitigation. The Manager will provide guidance and leadership to the organization’s electronic client record system(s), agency data collection, analysis and reporting and accreditation processes.
This includes the annual Quality Improvement Plan; supporting and implementing quality improvement initiatives and cost-effective solutions; maintaining and enhancing the policy and procedures framework; overseeing the accreditation process and adherence to standards; and leading the enterprise risk management plan.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Champion the development, maintenance, and improvement of quality improvementprocesses including creating action plans to address areas of improvement and ensurefollow-up actions are completed.
- Oversee and facilitate the implementation of the annual Quality Improvement Plan
- Oversee and lead the organization’s participation in the COA Accreditation Surveyactivities required pre, during, post and between surveys.
- Maintain PQI data collection processes and monitor systems that evaluate service effectiveness.
- Assist and support programs in meeting and exceeding COA standards.
- Assist in the review and revision of OCS policies; including research and developmentof new policy based in sector best practice, COA standards and legislative change.
- Liaises with Executive Team, program managers and staff to support agency widequality improvement initiatives and associated training.
- Assist in the preparation of management reports, annual agency outcome reports, theOCS annual magazine and others as required.
- Supports staff in developing an enhanced understanding of accreditation requirementswith clear and meaningful explanation.
Risk Management (RM)
- Support organization wide standardization, reporting, analysis and evaluation of riskissues and trends in an effort to develop and implement mitigation mechanism insupport of client and staff safety and organization-wide risk mitigation.
- Ensure the development, training and adherence to RM policies such as ERP, LobbyistAct compliance and similar legislative (prescribed) policies.
- Build, promote and sustain a culture of employee and client safety and organizational emergency preparedness.
- Lead implementation and oversight of the Pandemic Plan; develop, maintain and monitor pandemic policies and procedures to ensure adherence to directives, guidelines and best practices.
- Ensure the development and maintenance of organizational policies and procedures for all OCS operating activities.
- Oversee all the activities related to the development, implementation, maintenance and adherence to the organization’s privacy policies and procedures.
- Ensure policy, procedures and record keeping including organizational training is current in relation to the collection, use, disclosure and privacy of personal information in compliance with the applicable provincial legislation.
- Adheres to the policies and standards of Options Community Services Society (OCS), as established in policy and program manuals, Health & Safety Guidelines, job descriptions, written and verbal agreements.
- Represents the agency and the community in a professional and knowledgeable manner on joint management/staff committees where applicable.
- Perform other related duties as may be directed by the Chief Executive Officer or designate.
Education, Training, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of related skills and experience relevant to the position being applied for.
- At least 2 years of experience working in the human services field.
- Excellent understanding of the purpose and process of COA accreditation, and COA. Previous experience leading an accreditation process idesirable. Canadian standards.
- Sound understanding and development of ERP.
- Sound understanding of application of Privacy and Lobbyist Act legislation
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, particularly Word, and Excel.
- Proficiency with policy and procedure development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Formal project management training is an asset.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- A sound understanding and appreciation of PQI.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Creative problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, and subject matter experts.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously.
- Flexibility and willingness to try new tasks with minimal training.
- Ability to motivate and coach others.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Models OCS Principles: Diversity, Integrity, Resourcefulness, Collaboration and Excellence.
- Commits to personal and professional growth and development.