The Canadian Red Cross is looking for a Coordinator – Training. Reporting to the Manager, IO Training Hub and working closely with the IO Project Manager, Readiness for Global Emergency Response and People Services, the incumbent is responsible for the successful planning and implementation of CRC-managed residential and online training opportunities for CRC personnel and delegates deployed in multilateral Red Cross Movement operations. The Training Coordinator is responsible for stewarding CRC’s annual training calendar and overseeing the planning and implementation of scheduled training events.
Who you are:
- You are a self-starter and able to work in an environment with ambiguity
- You are a great communicator and extremely organized.
- You are supportive, and productive team member, and preferably can demonstrate a high level of awesomeness.
You will enjoy:
Culture: an organization that is guided by our fundamental principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality
Opportunity: to work with the best and brightest in the non-profit field, in an environment that promotes continuous learning, creativity and collaboration
Employee Benefits: achieve a work/life balance for you and your new team with competitive vacation time, generous personal days and flexible work arrangements
Meaningful Work: you will be responsible for stewarding CRC’s annual training calendar and overseeing the planning and implementation of scheduled training events.
In this role you will:
- Develop, implement CRC’s annual IO Readiness Training Calendar
- Ensures communication lines are maintained with Movement Partner (IFRC, ICRC, PNS) training focal points
- Contributes to the IO Training Hub’s annual work plan
- Consolidates information regarding identified learning pathways for delegates and competencies gaps analysis
- Oversee, coordinate the implementation of CRC residential and online training events
- Develops detailed agile work plans for each training event
- Maintains relationships with vendors to secure cost effective, quality, reliable logistics and catering for clients’ needs; works with Supply Chain and Logistics team to ensure appropriate administration of vendor contract.
- Advises on budgeting for each training event; monitors expense, oversees the processing of invoices
- Secures required facilitators for each training event
- Ensures basic health, safety and wellness requirements are met in choice of facilities and event coordination
- Ensures that the required pre-requisites for training are duly completed and tracked as per course requirements
- Submits training reports on a quarterly basis to the register managers to follow-up.
- Oversees the set up and implementation of new and existing online training events on CRC’s Learning Management System (LMS); working collaboratively with L&D counterparts
- Generate usage reports from CRC’s LMS
- Attends trainings (e.g., IMPACT, ERU, etc) to oversee implementation
- Engages in quality assurance, improvement; works with clients to implement training evaluations and feedback mechanisms through survey tools and support the analysis of the effectiveness of training
- Ensure effective information Management and administrative support
We’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a combination of experience and education that would be considered equivalent
- Certification in training/event management
- Three years experience in an adult learning, training, and/or development coordination role
- Experience in administrating online training events
- Experience in advising on training logistics and approach
- Experience in working for a humanitarian organization an asset
- Superior organization and time management skills and keen attention to details, timelines and budget are essential
- Demonstrated ability to find creative solutions to problems, by gathering pertinent information and determining the right solution based on knowledge of work methods
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure and in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines/turnaround times
- Strong relationship building and customer service skills, demonstrated attention to client objectives and quality assurance
- Ability to supervise and coordinate volunteers
- Ability to assess risks, including security, financial and other risks to CRC personnel, and to develop strategies to minimize risks.
- Fluency in English; working proficiency in French is an asset
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills to coordinate a variety of event variables and communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of internal and external stakeholders and vendors, which may include, but is not limited to:
- Advanced MS Office user; Excel/Word
- Negotiation skills
- Research and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to carry out independent decision making, as well as decision making with some level of consultation with the immediate supervisor.
- Ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information.
- Resilience and adaptability to changing circumstances and an evolving environment
- Commitment to gender equality and social inclusion
- Commitment to the Principles of the Red Cross Movement.
- The majority of the work is performed in a clean and comfortable environment
- May include long to moderate hours sitting and using computers and office equipment.
- May be required to do some light lifting of supplies and materials from time to time up to 20kg (or another weight)
- Events require a higher than usual physical effort during the preparation phase which includes transports of event materials including lifting and carrying boxes, setting up and tear down of rooms
- Ability to work non-traditional hours on short notice
- Ability to work in stressful and often ambiguous conditions.
- This position involves 20 – 25% domestic travel and may require overseas travel to attend conferences, workshops and meetings as required.
- If required, and eligible, periodic travel to country operations may be required. Field missions can involve working in environments that are unstable and with unpredictable access to basic services in emergency contexts and requiring very strict adherence to security regulations
- Must be able to be Medical Cleared for travel in accordance with established CRC Medical criteria in positions where travel will be required
- Successfully complete a Canadian criminal record reference check and vulnerable sector check
How to apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to this link. This position is open until filled.
The Canadian Red Cross is committed to gender equality and social inclusion in our workplace. All qualified applications will receive consideration without regard to sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, race, ethnic origin, color, religion, nationality, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We encourage all qualified persons to apply particularly Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, visible minorities, and others who share our values and contribute to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Please notify us as soon as possible of any adaptive measures you might require at any stage of the recruitment process.