Casual/On Call Family Support Worker - Vegreville, Alberta
Job ID#: J0920-1185
Job Type: Casual/On Call
Hours of Work Per Week: casual
Scheduled Days Each Week: Varies
Scheduled Hours: casual as needed
Compensation: $26 - $31/hr
WJS Canada is committed to building strong families who are resilient to life’s challenges.
At WJS Canada, we work to keep the family strong by keeping them together and seeing that children have the love and care they need to grow into healthy adults. Home-based, family centered services are designed to promote the protection and well-being of children in their homes, as well as supporting and educating parents toward improvements in their parenting abilities. We encourage and support family decisions in building connections in the community and at school. Our Signs of Safety planning and holistic case management approach engages and empowers families and enables them to address the emotional, social, physical and general health aspects of their lives.
This is a casual position that will include youth work, in home supports and supported family time. The Casual Family Support Worker will also work in the home with parents on life and parenting skills and organizing home for children's safety.
A dependable vehicle is a must, as the Casual Family Support Worker will be required to travel to the clients home, & at times transport clients to community based services, events or appointments in and around Vegreville, Alberta. Must also be able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings & weekends.
In Your Role You Will
· Meet with youth and families in and around Vegreville and Minburn County to discuss their strengths and challenges, supporting them with working towards future success and accomplishment of their goals.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
· A Diploma or Degree in human services
· Will consider students currently enrolled in a social services or social work related Certificate or Diploma.
· Previous experience in family intervention or a related human service field.
· Driver’s license, dependable vehicle for work, proof of appropriate insurance coverage.
· Clear criminal record check and Child Welfare Intervention check, First Aid/CPR certificate, · · Training in suicide Intervention, crisis response and cultural sensitivity.
· May be stressful at times.
What WJS Canada does
WJS keeps families strong through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Family Reunification, Preservation and Support
• Home Visitation
• Supported Family Time
• Family Team Meetings, Group Conferencing
• Family Finding & Engagement
• Child in Care Services
• Foster and Kinship Care and Support
• Personal and Family Counselling
• Early Intervention or Diversion Programs
• Driver Escorts for Families
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, respectful and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
Is this the opportunity you've been looking for?
If so, please apply online at www.wjscanada.com
Or click (copy/paste into your internet browser) the link below:
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!