Careers that empower young dreamers
When you make a decision to work with Children Believe you’re not just doing something great for your career, you’re helping empower children around the world to access education, pursue their dreams and be a voice for change. We know there are lots of career options for talented, top performers like you, but not many offer the opportunity to help children live and dream fearlessly. Children Believe is currently recruiting for the following position: Governance & Corporate Services Coordinator
Working with the Chief Operating Officer (COO), the Coordinator provides administrative and project support to the COO and Directors within the Corporate Services team to achieve organizational objectives. Corporate Services encompasses Finance, Internal Audit, Information Technology, and Facilities & Procurement. The position provides technical and coordination expertise in meeting the requirements for board governance, as well as, provides administrative, logistical and information management support to the Governance & HR Committee and the Audit and Risk Committee. The position serves as primary back-up to the Executive Coordinator position.
This role includes, but not limited to:
- Primary support to the COO e.g. expenses, meeting set-up and coordination, budget support, reports, presentations, correspondence, etc.;
- Support the Director, Finance & Administration, Director, Internal Audit, Director, TAP, and VP, People and Culture e.g. coordinate meetings, draft TOR documents, compile audit reports, etc.;
- Support the Audit and Risk Committee (ARC) and the Governance & HR Committee;
- Work with the COO to review governance processes; maintain the Governance Manual and work plan;
- Lead logistical support to the Board sub-committees for all meetings and execute; meeting minutes; support effective business flows, including forward agenda planning and ensuring follow-up of actions from meetings;
- Ensure compliance of Board Resolutions with each Country Office (CO); authentication of documents as per each CO;
- Process expenditures, cheque requisitions and create purchase orders in Intacct for Corporate Services;
- Reconcile monthly credit card statements;
- Coordinate travel arrangements and schedule for Corporate Services;
- Annual filings for provinces: ON, QC, MB, BC, AB;
- Renewal of Imagine Canada accreditation; on-going update of relevant material;
- Create the new employee orientation schedule in consultation with the hiring manager and People & Culture for Corporate Services;
- Assist in maintaining relevant policies and procedures for Corporate Services
- Assist in annual budget preparations;
- Maintain an effective filing system for Corporate Services; update the master contracts index for Children Believe;
- Special project support and coordination;
- SharePoint (corporate intranet) maintenance for Corporate Services;
- Support to Facilities - follow procedures for incoming mail, when needed.
- Serves as back-up support to the Executive Coordinator position e.g. logistics; support with the quarterly board meetings and Annual General Meeting;
- Comply with all Children Believe policy and procedures;
- Other related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Completion of a post-secondary diploma/degree;
- Minimum 2 years’ related work experience as an administrator/coordinator to management positions or equivalent related experience;
- Knowledge, experience and/or interest of governance processes and of financial operations is an asset;
- Strong organization and time management skills: excellent attention to detail; proactive in organizing projects and the ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously;
- Coordination of meeting preparations including organizing, equipment, setup, taking minutes and hosting external visitors;
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate internally and externally, network, collaborate, and build relationships effectively;
- Business writing skills and the ability to draft correspondence and reports;
- Experience managing confidential information and documents;
- Strong research and analysis skills;
- Advanced computer skills, specifically in MS Office - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and MS Project; experience using custom databases is an asset;
- Experience with the accounting software Intacct is an asset;
- Flexibility to work outside of regular business hours, as needed;
- Valid driver’s license and occasional availability of own vehicle for business use;
- Ability to speak and/or write in either French or Spanish will be considered an asset;
- Demonstrated commitment to Children Believe's Vision, Mission and Values.
Attributes, Traits and Behaviours:
- Accountability for results; self-driven;
- Adaptability to multi-task in an environment with changing demands and competing priorities;
- Confidentiality, sensitivity, diplomacy and tact;
- Demonstrate innovation in reviewing and applying new methods to the performance of work;
- Proven team player; service oriented attitude and behaviour;
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement.
Location: The office is located at 1200 Denison Street, Markham, ON. Staff are currently working from home with some flexibility on in-office activity until further notice (due to Covid-19 related health precautions).
Children Believe offers competitive paid time-off benefits and a comprehensive group benefits plan, including health/dental, life insurance, disability, EFAP and company-match RRSP.
If you believe you have that unique combination of a not-for-profit heart, combined with the skills and interest for the Governance & Corporate Services Coordinator position, then you will want to apply for this opportunity by going to Children Believe's Careers website: https://childrenbelieve.ca/about-us/who-we-are/careers/
Select the button: “Find Career Opportunities”.
Search under Job Title for "Governance & Corporate Services Coordinator". Follow the application process stated on the specific job posting, you will be required to complete a very brief questionnaire and attach your résumé and covering letter.
Children Believe is not accepting recruitment agency/firm referrals.
Applicants must be legally eligible (at this time) to work in Canada.
Consistent with our Child Safeguarding Policy, the successful candidate must receive clearance by a Canadian criminal record check.
Children Believe is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Children Believe is committed to providing workplace accommodations. If you require an accommodation, inform us and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.