About Futurpreneur Canada
Futurpreneur Canada is the only national non-profit that provides resources, financing and mentoring to aspiring business owners ages 18 to 39. Since 1996, we have supported over 12,000 young entrepreneurs launching more than 10,000 Canadian businesses in every province and territory across the country. Last year, 45% of the businesses supported by the Futurpreneur Start-up Program were women led. Mentoring is at the core of what we do, as we match every entrepreneur that we finance with a business expert from a network of 3,000 volunteer mentors. Futurpreneur is a founding member of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the Canadian member of Youth Business International and the Canadian host of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Our Purpose (why we exist): To drive inclusive Canadian prosperity by fueling the success of young enterprise.
Our Mission (what we do every day to achieve our purpose): To provide early-stage financing, mentorship and other resources to help aspiring entrepreneurs age 18-39 launch successful businesses that contribute to sustainable economic development in their communities and for Canada.
Our Values (how we work – our core principles & commitments): We are mission-driven, collegial & collaborative, diverse & inclusive, and accountable & transparent.
Here’s the opportunity:
Targeting French-speaking audiences in Quebec and across Canada, the Bilingual Copywriter helps tell the story of Futurpreneur Canada’s brand, mission, vision and initiatives by crafting persuasive copy in French—and also translating English copy to French—that engages entrepreneurs, mentors, community partners and funders across a variety of owned channels (social media, website, email marketing, marketing collateral, etc.).
A highly skilled writer, the Bilingual Copywriter is able to craft engaging editorial profiles of entrepreneurs and mentors, capturing their stories through interviews, as well as short, snappy marketing copy for lead generation ads aimed at a French-speaking audience. Likewise, the Bilingual Copywriter is able to translate all types of English copy to French (corporate communications materials, press releases, social media posts, blog posts, newsletter copy, etc.), ensuring that it captures the Futurpreneur voice while reflecting the nuances of the French language (ideally Canadian French).
What you will do:
French writer/content developer
- Part marketing copywriter, part editorial writer, you will work with the national marketing team to develop French content that showcases Futurpreneur Canada’s programs, initiatives and entrepreneurs across all platforms, including promotional collateral, digital and email marketing, blog posts, social media, lead generation campaigns and advertisements;
- Develop in-depth knowledge of Quebec-based/French-speaking entrepreneurs and mentors with the goal of supplying content for use in blog posts, newsletters, regional ad campaigns and pitches to the media;
- Highly skilled at social media, you will act as the French voice of Futurpreneur on corporate social media channels, both regional and national, working with the Social Media and Content specialist to develop and post content that engages target audiences across all platforms (Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter) while supporting key corporate objectives. Content ranges from corporate announcements, CEO communications and profiles of French-speaking entrepreneurs to Instagram stories and Facebook Live webcasts of events delivered in French.
- Act as a content curator, work hand in hand with the Social Media and Content Specialist to surface trends and content themes, develop monthly editorial calendars for all channels, and write the relevant content in French—whether it’s stories of entrepreneurs or promotional copy about community partner initiatives;
- Work with the regional teams (primarily Quebec) and the marketing team to develop French content aimed at supporting and engaging key stakeholders and community partners in the Quebec/French-speaking market (marketing collateral, newsletter copy, ad copy, etc.), generating awareness of Futurpreneur and our offering; and
- Work with the regional teams (primarily Quebec) and the Marketing Partnerships Manager to develop promotional material for events and initiatives delivered in French for national corporate partners (event descriptions, speaking notes, runs of show, marketing collateral, etc.).
- Translate English copy (website, blog, email marketing, newsletter, internal communications, social media, etc.), ensuring that it captures the Futurpreneur voice while reflecting the nuances of the French language (ideally Canadian French);
- Translate corporate messaging, letters and reports to stakeholders, presentations, funding proposals. video scripts, speeches, speaking points for the senior team, the annual review, etc.;
- Support public relations and media outreach efforts by translating key messages, backgrounders, media tip sheets and checklists;
- Translate day-to-day and larger-scale website, microsite and intranet content;
- Ensure consistency of brand messaging in all French language external communications and promote adherence to style guidelines; and
- Proofread and copyedit the work of external translators.
- Work with the marketing team to develop all written content for marketing campaigns aimed at a French-speaking audience, ensuring that regional marketing needs are reflected and objectives are met;
- Coordinate the concept and creation of new French marketing materials, supplying the required written material for flyers, posters, banners, presentations, etc.; and
- Support the PR/Media specialist in liaising with French-speaking media, gathering and providing background materials for French media requests.
What you will have:
- High level of proficiency in French (written and spoken), with a preference given to Canadian French; able to communicate effectively in English (written and spoken);
- Relevant experience may include education with a focus on communications, journalism, copywriting, editing, or equivalent hands-on career experience;
- Demonstrated experience translating all kinds of copy from English to French (corporate communications, blog posts, marketing collateral, social media posts, video scripts, etc.);
- Demonstrated experience managing social media at the corporate level across all channels (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter), developing and posting content for both organic and paid campaigns;
- Highly organized with proven experience managing multiple projects with competing deadlines;
- Proven experience writing a range of content, both editorial and advertorial, in French (i.e., long-form, journalistic profiles based on interviews, as well as web copy, marketing collateral, newsletters, email marketing, social media copy, etc.);
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Quebec small business/entrepreneurship market, with knowledge of the key stakeholders, organizations, entrepreneurs and regional initiatives;
- Experience supporting media requests in French, working with PR/media specialists to gather required background materials in a timely manner for earned media pitches;
- Familiarity with digital marketing strategies and tactics, especially related to marketing events;
- Experience with graphics editing software (InDesign, Canva, Photoshop), particularly for use on social media, and in blog posts and marketing collateral; and
- Demonstrated experience adding and updating content on a WordPress platform (blog posts, web pages, press releases, etc.).
- Alignment with Futurpreneur’s values and commitment to the mission/purpose of the organization;
- Be a role model for Futurpreneur’s organizational culture by creating a positive impact at every touchpoint with people.