About Futurpreneur Canada
Futurpreneur Canada is the only national non-profit that provides resources, financing and mentoring to aspiring business owners ages 18 to 39. Since 1996, we have supported over 12,000 young entrepreneurs launching more than 10,000 Canadian businesses in every province and territory across the country. Last year, 45% of the businesses supported by the Futurpreneur Start-up Program were women led. Mentoring is at the core of what we do, as we match every entrepreneur that we finance with a business expert from a network of 3,000 volunteer mentors. Futurpreneur is a founding member of the G20 Young Entrepreneurs’ Alliance, the Canadian member of Youth Business International and the Canadian host of Global Entrepreneurship Week.
Our Purpose (why we exist): To drive inclusive Canadian prosperity by fueling the success of young enterprise.
Our Mission (what we do every day to achieve our purpose): To provide early-stage financing, mentorship and other resources to help aspiring entrepreneurs age 18-39 launch successful businesses that contribute to sustainable economic development in their communities and for Canada.
Our Values (how we work – our core principles & commitments): We are mission-driven, collegial & collaborative, diverse & inclusive, and accountable & transparent.
Here’s the opportunity:
The Bilingual Community Engagement Coordinator is responsible for supporting regional and national teams with the successful delivery of events and marketing campaigns geared to a French-speaking audience. While the primary focus will be on the Quebec market, this support will extend to other regions across Canada that are developing events and campaigns for a French-speaking audience.
The Coordinator will work with the marketing team and Quebec regional team to identify and work with French-speaking community partners and sponsors, providing them with the materials required to promote both Futurpreneur and partner-/sponsor-driven initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be very familiar with the Quebec startup/small business market, and able to develop new community partnerships that extend Futurpreneur’s reach in Quebec, as well as support French PR/media efforts (primarily in Quebec) by working with the PR/media specialist to coordinate outreach to key French language media.
What you will do:
Partner/sponsor outreach and coordination
- Research, identify and reach out to potential new community partners and sponsors in the Quebec market and work with national marketing team/regional Quebec team to develop appropriate pitches/messaging for collaboration;
- Work closely with the Marketing Partnerships Manager and the Bilingual Copywriter to provide French-speaking marketing support for national corporate partners (event coordination, marketing collateral, etc.);
- Help maintain current relationships with key stakeholders and community partners in the Quebec market, ensuring they have up-to-date materials to market Futurpreneur initiatives effectively and looking for new ways to collaborate;
- Work with the national marketing team to deliver outbound partner marketing campaigns and initiatives in the Quebec/French-speaking market, with the goal of generating awareness of Futurpreneur and our offering; and
- Identify gaps and areas for improvement for B2B partnerships and initiatives.
Coordination of events delivered in French – Key responsibilities
- Provide project management support for in-person and digital events delivered in French;
- Lead the delivery of in-person and digital events aimed at a French-speaking audience (primarily in communities throughout Quebec, but also in other regions such as Atlantic Canada), coordinating all logistics, including but not limited to: securing the venue, booking catering, negotiating contracts for suppliers, making travel arrangements, tracking invoices, ordering event collateral/marketing material where necessary, publishing the Eventbrite pages, managing the delivery of materials required to market the event effectively both on time and on budget, managing the digital platform (Zoom or similar) for digital events, including booking the platform, recording attendance, managing Q&As etc.;
- Manage budgets for French-speaking events, including tracking, invoicing and reporting;
- Assist with managing on-site production and wrap-up for in-person events as necessary;
- Record photos/videos at in-person events, working with the national marketing team to distribute as necessary (for example, photos/video for Instagram stories, photography for post-event promos, etc.);
- Serve as the liaison with vendors and partners on event-related matters;
- Work with the national marketing team to create and distribute event kits/show flow and process documents (invitations, programs, signage, speaking notes, biographies, thank you messages, etc.);
- Co-ordinate pre- and post-event meetings, training with event participants etc.;
- Gather internal/external feedback from participants and organize data capture for events; and
- Attend and support in-person French-speaking entrepreneur and mentor engagement events, providing support as necessary.
- Develop a keen understanding of Futurpreneur-supported start-ups and entrepreneurs in the Quebec market, helping surface their stories for inclusion in regional marketing campaigns and pitches to the media;
- Work closely with the Bilingual Copywriter to gather materials and develop stories of young entrepreneurs for Futurpreneur-owned channels (blog, social media, video, etc.);
- Working closely with the Quebec regional team and national marketing team, champion the needs of the French market in the development of national marketing opportunities; and
- Work collaboratively with the marketing team to effectively execute projects.
What you will have:
- High level of proficiency in French (written and spoken), with a preference given to Canadian French; able to communicate effectively in English (written and spoken);
- Relevant experience may include education with a focus on marketing, communication and event management or equivalent hands-on career experience;
- Highly organized with proven experience managing multiple projects with competing deadlines;
- Proven experience coordinating the delivery of successful in-person and digital events;
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Quebec small business/entrepreneurship market, with knowledge of the key stakeholders, organizations and regional initiatives;
- Experience working with community partners and key stakeholders, managing existing relationships and developing new ones;
- Familiarity with digital marketing strategies and tactics, especially related to marketing events (social media, email marketing, printed collateral, etc.);
- Nice to have: Familiarity with social media marketing (Facebook, Instagram and Twitter), especially related to event promotions; and
- Nice to have: Familiarity with graphics editing software (InDesign, Canva or similar).