The Program and Intake Worker will work with the Residents of Grace Mansion in all areas of personal development and growth, life skills, social and spiritual activities to enable the Resident to attain their full potential.
Program and Intake Worker will:
- Monitor resident occupancy levels.
- Monitor Move-In and Move-Out of residents.
- Create new client files, interview clients and callers, and collect required documentation for intake of clients to ensure Program criteria are met.
- Perform Reference Checks for prospective clients.
- Perform Intake of new clients.
- Perform orientation for new clients of The Salvation Army Grace Mansion programs.
- Maintain relationships with partner organizations along with a network of resources and referrals.
- Supervise/monitor actions and interactions of Residents during assigned shift.
- Respond to all Resident questions/requests within framework of Policies & Procedures.
- Answer telephone and refer calls to appropriate person(s).
- Admit visitors to Centre according to guidelines.
- Work with assigned Residents in completing Personal Development Plan, and following up with Resident(s) at regular intervals to assess, monitor, and adjust PDP as may be required.
- Research and develop knowledge of issues that relate to residents. Development of resource information as relevant for residents.
- Participate with Residents in scheduled instructional, spiritual or social activities as required.
- Maintain confidentiality and keep accurate files and statistical records. Specifics of administrative duties will vary with the different shifts.
- Receive/explain applications for potential residents, along with updating Wait List of applicants.
- Assist with the intake process and departure process of residents.
- Receive Resident rent and place funds in designated lockbox as per written protocol.
- Maintain contact with The Salvation Army, City and Provincial government, and community agencies to co-ordinate activities and available resources for the benefit of the Centre and the Residents.
- Participate in scheduled Staff and Case Management meetings as required and provide input and information on assigned Client progress.
- Initial response to emergency situations such as fire alarm, or other situations.
- Respond and assist residents at times of physical / mental / emotional crisis situations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Duties require employee to work in Grace Mansion – an 84 room, four storey Residence located at 596 East Hastings Street in downtown Vancouver. Responsibilities will involve working from a designated work station, but will also involve movement through the residential areas, and general building. The employee may at times be subject to hazardous or disagreeable conditions in the performance of their duties.
MINIMUM EDUCATION LEVEL & EXPERIENCE:
The Program and Intake Worker will have completed Secondary School, plus specialized training and courses including, but not limited to:
- Training/Certification in Addictions or Mental Health issues
- Current Certification in First Aid/CPR
- Foodsafe Level 1
- Universal precautions
- Computer skills and training in Word & Excel
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Minimum of six months prior related experience in working with Clients in a residential setting.
This role is not gender-specific. We benefit from a diverse group of individuals on this team.
OTHER CONDITIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Successful obtainment of the Criminal Record Review Act clearance to work with vulnerable adults through the Criminal Records Review Program
- Successful obtainment of clearance through The Salvation Army Child Abuse Registry
TERMS : Permanent Full-Time
HOUR : 32 hours/week
DAYS : Wednesday to Saturday; 8:00am – 4:30pm
VACANCIES : 1
Interested applicants must respond in writing by October 18, 2020 and quote Job No. 010.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
Internal applicants, please advise your Department Head of your intentions prior to submitting your application.