Duties and responsibilities:
The Fundraising Specialist is responsible for meeting revenue targets through all internal events and supporting 3rd party events in the Saskatoon/Regina region. This would also include: coordinating media communications, social media, marketing efforts, increasing donor base, and developing and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders in the region. Listed duties include:
- Administration and effective utilization of multiple Facebook pages
- Maintaining and growing fundraising databases and assigned web pages
- Maintain and enhance annual Fund Development events and achieve revenue targets. This includes recruitment of participants and volunteers, maintaining a major prize network financial result reports and analysis.
- Write, edit, and produce special event packages for sponsors, participants, grants and media
- Grow and maintain a network of stakeholders for fund areas such as major gifts, planned giving, and membership
- Present to a variety of audiences to gain and enhance community support
- Organize and implement recognition of participants, donors, corporate sponsors and volunteers
- Assist other fund development staff in facilitating annual fund development events
- Grade 12 and post-secondary Diploma in Business Marketing or comparable.
- CFRE accreditation an asset
Skills & Experience:
- Must have previous experience leading and organizing large scale event(s) and coordinating public relations
- Comfortable with networking, public speaking in various settings and media interviews
- Extremely organized with a keen eye for detail
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite and Microsoft programs
- Experience networking in a professional environment
- Previous experience working in databases an asset
- Managing individuals in a work environment and/or volunteer capacity
- Managing social media for work purposes and event promotion
Must have a valid driver’s licence and access to reliable vehicle as some in city and out of town travel required. The final candidates are required to provide a satisfactory Criminal and Vulnerable Sector Record checks.