POSITION STATUS: Part-Time - Permanent (Union) (2 vacancies)
SCHEDULE: Saturday and Sunday (flexibility required as needed)
REPORTS TO: Program Manager
The Bob Rumball Canadian Centre of Excellence for the Deaf (BRCCED) is a multi-purpose, multi-program facility that functions as a community centre for the Deaf and as a non-profit charitable provider of services for the Deaf. The organization exists to provide care and opportunities in a communication-rich environment that enhances the quality of life of those we serve.
Reporting to the Program Manager, and working as part of a multi-disciplinary team, this position is responsible for the day-to-day supervision, monitoring and delivery of service. The Guelph Line program provides intensive community-based support to individuals who are Deaf or Hard of Hearing, require a community rich setting, and who may display complex behavioural, mental health and developmental needs.
- Ensure that activities and daily support approaches are in accordance with agency mission, vision, values, strategic direction and policies with a goal of ensuring the highest quality of care
- Ensure supportive, safe and predictable environment through the establishment of routines, limits and daily living skills
- Implement daily programming activities consistent with ISP/PDP goals, track and report on progress
- Participate in activities of day to day residential care including personal hygiene routines, daily activity schedule, operational duties and administrative duties
- Document, track and analyze data reporting findings to the Behavioral Therapist and Program Manager
- Implement strategies targeted to reduce behaviour, track and report progress
- Consistently comply with clinical and program plans including daily activity schedule
- Administer medications consistent with Organization’s policies & procedures
- Promote an evidence-based, best practice approach to care
- Advocate on behalf of individuals and their specific needs/goals
- Work collaboratively with team and individual’s service team; dedicating one’s self to excellent service
- Physical activities including, but not limited to, lifting, bending and prolonged standing
- Varying schedule including days, evenings and occasional weekends
- Diploma in Human Services related field or one (1) year of experience working in a residential setting with Consumers with developmental disabilities, mental health needs and/or dual diagnosis
- Knowledge and experience working within the deaf community and fluency in ASL OR strong commitment to engage in professional development to build skill and knowledge in ASL, Deaf culture and supporting Deaf or hard of hearing individuals and their community
- Previous ABA training and/or experience preferred
- Direct knowledge and experience working with individuals diagnosed with Autism
- Knowledge and/or experience using augmented communication tools
- Demonstrated knowledge of DSO and developmental services sector an asset
- Knowledge and experience working with clinical professionals as it relates to mental health and/or behavioural needs
- Demonstrated leadership, creative problem solving abilities; good judgement and critical thinker
- Demonstrated experience in computer literacy (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent communication, literacy and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and experience with report writing and data entry
- Experience managing nutritional needs of clients
- Current Quality Assurance Measures, Safe Management, Medication Administration, and WHMIS certification and be able to actively participate in all trainings
- Innovation, initiative and integrity
- Valid Ontario Full G Driver’s License and clean driving record
- French language/LSQ an asset
Interested candidates, please email resume to Human Resources
Please contact the above if you need accommodation at any stage of the application process.
PLEASE QUOTE JOB POSTING NUMBER YOU ARE APPLYING FOR.
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Posting Date: October 06, 2020 Closing Date: October 19, 2020 Start Date: Immediate