October 7, 2020| EXTERNAL/INTERNAL JOB POSTING
COMPETITION NO. 20-093
Position: Specialized Facilitator - Permanent position
Hours: 35 hours per week
We are looking for a Specialized Facilitator to join our Sources Empowered for Employment team! This individual must be able to: work with multi-barriered clients, survivors of violence and abuse and have excellent facilitation skills; be flexible to perform a variety of duties and create community attachment.
Sources is a community-based non-profit organization that has been providing help, encouragement, and hope for individuals and families in White Rock, Surrey, Delta, Langley, Prince George and Parksville for 40 years. We serve 40,000 individuals yearly and that is all owing to our dedicated team. We provide services such as food banks, counselling, employment services, and community living programs. At Sources we value respect and collaboration as we are all striving to promote the same mission—social wellness for our community.
SOURCES Empowered for Employment Services
Empowered for Employment Services provide 1:1 and group support to survivors of violence and abuse, people who are 55+ and youth between 15-30 who want to make positive changes in their lives and prepare for successful transition to employment.
- Develop curriculum and facilitate Life Skills workshops to survivors of violence and/or abuse.
- Facilitate in-house and online workshops using platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams and Skype,
to assist clients facing multiple barriers in making positive changes moving towards employment.
- Knowledge of group dynamics and the ability to facilitate workshops with individuals of various backgrounds.
- Provide one on one support and coaching to clients as necessary.
- Ensure workshop materials and delivery methods are tailored to meet clients’ learning styles and needs; continually revise, update and implement new approaches to produce more positive outcomes.
- Maintain accurate documentation of all client communication and activities in ICM (Integrated Case Management Database) and other electronic files.
- Maintain client, service and statistical data as required by the funder and Sources.
- Raise awareness of WorkBC services and build connections in the community. Conduct all activities related to client recruitment such as presentations, marketing and intakes.
- Maintain collaborative relationships with Employment Counsellors and other referral sources; assess and monitor client progress to support client success.
- Provide ongoing support and monitor client progress while in group; follow up with clients where necessary or as determined in conjunction with their Employment Counsellor.
- Disburse financial supports as per client’s action plan and keep an accurate record of all supports given to clients.
- Work collaboratively as a member of the team to achieve 4, 24 and 52-week performance measures.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience facilitation/teaching experience, specifically with those who identify as females and are Survivors of Violence and abuse and/or have barriers to employment
- Thorough understanding of the dynamics of abuse and/or the impacts of poverty for job seekers.
- An undergraduate degree in a related field or considerable experience and training (Social Service Worker diploma, Career Development Practitioner Certificate, Provincial Instructor’s Diploma, Job Club Leadership Certificate, Life Skills Certificate) in the employment/career development field. CCDP designation preferred.
- Curriculum development, workshop design and delivery pertaining to life skills, job search, and career planning.
- Able to maintain up to date knowledge and development of tools and resources, including online delivery formats, to meet needs of clients.
- Ability to market WorkBC services, recruit clients and liaise with other community partners to raise awareness.
- Advanced computer skills with emphasis on MS Office, Internet usage, Zoom, Microsoft Teams.
- Reliable transportation and willingness to travel within Surrey and neighbouring areas.
Start Date: As soon as possible
- 100% employer paid coverage for extended health and dental
- Long term disability, life insurance, critical illness insurance, accidental death & dismemberment coverage
- Employee & Family Assistance plan
- Pension plan
- Generous paid time off, starting at 3 weeks
Closing Date: When the position is filled, internal candidates will be contacted by Oct 12, 2020
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to sources.careers @gmail.com. Please include where you saw this job posting in your email. Thank you.