Sierra Club of British Columbia Foundation is a non-profit environmental organization whose mission is to support people stewarding abundant ecosystems and a stable climate, while building resilient, equitable communities. Our overarching goal is to uplift grassroots-led change in response to the climate emergency and ecosystem collapse. To do this, we engage with and learn from diverse communities and knowledge systems, including communities most impacted by the ecological challenges we all face. We are committed to learning from the governance systems of the Indigenous Nations on whose territories we live and work. Learn more here.
Sierra Club BC is expanding and filling several exciting new roles over the coming months. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic team in a growing organization that is in the early stages of implementing its new vision and strategic plan. We pay a living wage to all staff and are committed to justice, diversity, equity and inclusion in both our hiring practices and work environment. We encourage women, people of Indigenous ancestry, people of colour, LGBTQQIP2SA individuals and members of other diverse communities to apply for careers with our organization. We are committed to building and maintaining a work environment that is welcoming to people who bring other ways of seeing, knowing and communicating to our work.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Reporting to the Executive Director and working closely with the management team and the Treasurer, the Finance Manager will be responsible for providing professional financial oversight and advice to the organization.
• Management, implementation, oversight and review of financial processes and reporting with a keen eye to efficiencies, improvements and accuracy • preparation of organizational budgets
• Assistance to the Campaign, Education and Communications departments in preparing budgets
• Development of templates and complex budgets for grant applications, as well as reporting spending and results to granting agencies
• Preparation of internal financial reports for review by the Executive Director and Finance Committee, as well as regular internal reporting to department heads
• Preparation of annual financial statements and liaison with external auditors, as well as all required filings with Canada Revenue Agency
• Working with the Operations Director, supervision and direction of all bookkeeping processes • supervision and direction of all IT related to financial processes and systems
• Participation in staff meetings, finance committee meetings, board meetings and other meetings as may be required
• Cooperatively facilitating the financial management of an ENGO engaged in transformative change
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE Required:
• Demonstrated accounting experience in the not-for-profit field
• Demonstrated SAGE 50 Accounting and Microsoft Excel skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills Preferred:
• Professional accounting designation (CPA),
• Minimum 2 years post-designation experience,
• Experience with CRM
• The Finance Manager plays a key role in the organization and works closely with staff from all departments. The ideal candidate will also have a strong commitment to the values and approaches that inform Sierra Club BC’s work, including our commitment to transformative change. A willingness to listen, adapt and engage constructively with a variety of internal and external stakeholders is key to success in this position.
• Although our office is in Victoria, we encourage applicants willing to work remotely from anywhere in B.C.
• This is a 80% FTE position (30 hours per week). Compensation will conform to Sierra Club BC’s salary grid. The current salary range is $28.21 to $30.77 per hour, with annual increases within the range, plus annual cost of living adjustments.
• Initial three weeks of paid vacation per year, with regularly scheduled increases, plus a solid benefits package.
• Opportunities for professional development and training.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!