The primary role of the Community Engagement Supervisor is to work in collaboration with BNH program coordinators to oversee the BNH South House volunteer program and community engagement program. The position of the Community Engagement Supervisor requires an adaptable, organized, and experienced person who is committed to building positive relationships with volunteers with a focus on community engagement.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports the recruitment and intake process of volunteers, including newcomers to Canada, with a focus on relationship building and community-led programs.
- With an asset-based lens, works with community members to develop programs and services to address community needs.
- Supports local community development initiatives.
- Assists with developing training material/programs/events for volunteers.
- Works with the staff team to support the recruitment of volunteers into established programs.
- Assists with administrative duties such as maintaining the volunteer/membership database, intake forms, reference checks, and to track the application process for each applicant
- Works with the Coordinator of Volunteers to ensure that BNH South House volunteers are recognized and feel appreciated.
- Supports volunteers to develop, promote, implement programs and events (on site and virtually).
- Works with staff team to identify gaps in services and recruit volunteers to address the needs.
- Degree or diploma in recreation leadership, social service, business administration, non-profit management, community development or equivalent work/education experience
- Knowledge and awareness of issues surrounding diversity and multiculturalism.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
- 1-2 years administrative experience (an asset)
- Previous community development experience.
- Demonstrated experience with technology including data base management and experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, Access, Publishers and PowerPoint).
- 1-2 years event planning/coordination experience.
- Current Basic First Aid certification.
- A current clear criminal record check.
- Second language (an asset).
- Food safe certificate (an asset)
Hours of Work & Rate of Pay:
The Volunteer Supervisor will work 20 hours a week (4 – 5 hour days/week onsite, including an evening shift and possible weekends). Flexibility is required. The wage is $19.20/hr.
The Community Engagement Supervisor reports to and is supported by the Coordinator of Volunteers and Community Programs.