Matthew House is a nationally recognized leader in welcoming, assisting, and resettling
newly arrived refugee claimants. With a community of homes in Toronto, Matthew House
was established in response to the enormous need for decent and appropriate shelters.
Since opening in 1998, we have assisted approximately 2000 refugee claimants from 100
countries. We welcome refugees regardless of their race, religion, sexual orientation, or
We are a Christian-based non-profit with a focus on reception services and transitional
housing for vulnerable refugee claimants. To learn more, visit www.matthewhouse.ca
Fund Development: 60%
● Lead the development and implementation of an annual fundraising plan
● Seek out and nurture new individual and corporate donors
● Plan and lead the execution of fundraising initiatives and events
● Seek grant opportunities with the senior staff team
● Administer donor recognition program and ensure timely donor acknowledgement
● Content creation for social media, newsletters and other platforms
● Build relationships with external partners
● Write and edit marketing materials to support fundraising campaigns
Analysis and other skills: 10%
● Develop and implement donor stewardship processes
● Manage donor database, ensuring the protection of private information and data
● Report on donation trends and fundraising benchmarks
● Provide insights to track and grow donor retention, engagement and ROI
● Contribute to the Annual Report
● Coordinate with volunteer teams
● Minimum 3 years of fundraising experience preferred
● Strong analytical thinking
● Social media savvy, preferably with non-profit experience
● Alignment with the vision and mission of Matthew House
● Demonstrated track record in non-profit fundraising including the development of
individual giving, corporate engagement and event-based campaigns.
● Demonstrated knowledge of fundraising trends and successful fundraising strategies
● Demonstrated understanding of effective engagement strategies
● Competency in office software: including PowerPoint, Google Suite
● Familiarity with donor database programs and common CRMs
● Graphic design skill a plus
● Ability to relate effectively with diverse audiences, including churches, major donors,
volunteers, media outlets and community audiences
● Independent self-starter who is able to manage multiple tasks.
● CFRE designation an asset
Details: This is a full-time position, currently working from home with some office time when
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!