Who We Are
Encompass Support Services Society is an accredited, nonprofit, charitable community services agency that has successfully operated throughout the communities of Langley for over twenty years. At the heart of our work is a desire to support individuals to achieve the highest possible quality of life. We deliver a wide range of innovative, enriching programs and support services to children, youth and families facing significant life challenges. Annually, we provide services to over 4000 individuals and families.
Who We Are Looking For
We are seeking someone who wants to make a difference and has a passion for supporting individuals who have experienced trauma. A good fit for our agency is a self-directed, engaging and empathetic Trauma Therapist who has clear knowledge, experience and understanding of trauma as it relates to the experience of a child, youth or family. We are looking for someone who can function independently yet also interface well with our Clinical Coordinator who oversees the program. This position will provide comprehensive clinical counselling, assessment, and psychotherapy to children, youth, and adults who have been affected by a traumatic event. This is a great opportunity for a therapist who wants to supplement their private practice or someone just starting out in private practice.
What We Are Offering
This position offers best of both worlds as it is contracted work within an agency setting. You would have independence and flexibility, both to practice within your areas of competence, and with your work schedule. You would have the opportunity to accept the clients you feel you can fit comfortably within your schedule. We provide the administrative support and referrals for you and have a fully equipped play therapy room. This is a professional office environment in which to meet clients and you will have the opportunity of working with our dedicated group of community-minded individuals as the program grows. Clinical supervision is also available.
JOB POSTING: 2020-0100TTPC
DATE: September 02, 2020
POSITION: Contracted Therapist- This is a contract position
HOURS OF WORK: Monday – Friday evenings and weekends, flexible schedule
SALARY RANGE: 70% of billed amount for each one hour client session
BENEFITS: Not eligible for benefits
VACATION: Not eligible for vacation
ANTICIPATED START DATE: ASAP
CLOSING DATE: This posting will remain open until the position is filled
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provides comprehensive clinical counselling and psychotherapy to children, youth and adults affected by a traumatic event utilizing a variety of psychotherapeutic techniques.
• Interviews clients and families to gather case history information. Assesses profound social, psychological, emotional and/ behavioral issues affecting clients. Identifies core areas of concern to be addressed by therapeutic interventions.
• Provide culturally competent services to families.
• Provides required reports on client’s behavior and progress. Maintains clinical records indicating the nature and duration of treatment.
• Maintains knowledge related to the areas of trauma, children and youth development, and appropriate therapeutic interventions through ongoing professional development activities in order to improve care through new practices.
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Master’s Degree in Counselling Psychology, Social Work, or a related field.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
• A minimum of four (4) years recent related experience; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Specialization in trauma therapy through basic training, continuing education or clinical experience.
• Direct service delivery experience in the community social services sector with a demonstrated working knowledge of community based services and related provincial and community support service systems.
• Demonstrated knowledge of relevant formal counseling, psychotherapy and assessment techniques.
• Well developed interpersonal, counselling, oral and written communication skills.
• Must possess a working knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office Software.
• Current Criminal Record Check
• Must maintain and provide proof of professional liability insurance at a minimum of $2,000,000 per occurrence and assume the risk for any incompetence, misconduct, or negligence.
• Must be a registered counsellor with the BC Crime Victim Assistance Program and provide documentation of approved fee rate by the Program.
• First Aid certification considered an asset
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!