Break Barriers. Employ Change.
Prospect Human Services is dedicated to identifying situations where groups of individuals are facing challenges with full participation, and developing the services and supports necessary to break down those barriers. Our current portfolio provides support to both individuals and employers to fully integrate our community and our workforce.
Prospect strongly believes in its five brand pillars and is looking for great candidates who share the same beliefs:
Prospect creates change by envisioning the end game and creating the means to realize it. We believe asking “why not?” aids progress. Solutions are created when we think beyond traditional boundaries.
Prospect seeks different perspectives. All parties must be engaged, including for-profit, not-for-profit, funders and government. Only by understanding all points of view can we create inclusive workplaces.
In every facet of our work, our actions show a commitment to professional management and service delivery. Prospect is accountable, ethical and honest.
Prospect approaches every opportunity with enthusiasm. We drive change with energy, optimism and commitment. Anyone who walks through our doors can feel the positive energy.
We are driven by the desire to promote human welfare and advance social reforms in the working world. While our commitment is all heart, our solutions are all business.
Entrepreneurs and people with disabilities have a lot in common. They’re used to overcoming barriers, being underestimated by others, and seeing the world differently. Which is why our Entrepreneurs with Disabilities program has met with such success. And why we need a Business Advisor to help out.
You’ll be providing business coaching, workshop facilitation and entrepreneurial networking as you assist people with a range of disabilities who are interested in launching their own businesses.
Using your own business experience, you’ll conduct entrepreneurial assessments, lead business development consultations and business development workshops, and establish & maintain a referral network and mentorship network to support active clients.
If this sounds like a rewarding adventure leading to off-the-charts levels of job satisfaction, then your judgement is spot on! Please read on for more details.
What will you do?
You will work with a team providing business coaching, workshop facilitation and entrepreneurial networking to assist Prospect clients interested in launching their own businesses. This includes:
- Providing input and support on strategic direction of Program
- Collaborate with the team to ensure overall short term, annual, and long-term business planning and budgeting initiatives for programs are met
- Maintain a strong and transparent relationship with contract funders with the intention of developing mutually beneficial outcomes
- Lead Entrepreneurial Assessments on prospective clients to include the development of a customized work plan, including self-directed and directed activities
- Lead one-on-one client Business Development Consultations that can include assisting them with applying for funding, business registration, marketing, sales targeting, growth planning, and other needs
- Develops content for group based workshops on entrepreneurial topics and other specifically tailored workshops designed for entrepreneurs with disabilities
- Collaborates with the external sponsor financial institutions to leverage and utilize their workshops
- Facilitates workshops based on defined schedules and demand
Stakeholder Engagement, Network and Mentorship Development
- Represent Prospect in the community by engaging stakeholders, facilitating events, attending trade shows, career fairs, committees and other industry events
- Establish and manage a bi-weekly Entrepreneurs with Disabilities Network to assist in creating a safe, productive network for peer collaboration
- Leverage Prospect’s experiences with peer-support, extensive business network and community partnerships to establish a sustainable, volunteer Mentorship Program for active clients
- In collaboration with the Western Canada Business Service Network and Prospect’s employer network, lead the organization and host an Annual Entrepreneurial Connector where clients and other entrepreneurs can network, share successful business practices, learn from leaders in the entrepreneurial community
- Remain active within a network that includes other entrepreneurial professionals, business advisors, financial lending institutions, and service providers to stay current on business development trends and activities, best practices and professional development opportunities
What does it take to do this job?
- Completion of post-secondary education – Business, Management, Human Resources Management, Social Services, Human Services, or an equivalent program
- 5+ years’ of progressive experience in a related business environment
- 5+ years’ of management experience, sales experience or a combination
- 2+ years’ of experience working with people with disabilities
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and presentation software; advanced proficiency with internet, online, and social media platforms
- 1+ years’ of experience working with a CRM to include Sales Force
- Exceptional oral communication, team work, and interpersonal skills including the ability to build relationships, engage, counsel, motivate, coach, and collaborate with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced verbal and written communications skills with proven ability to present to groups of varying sizes and facilitate workshops to groups of varying sizes
- Proven ability to achieve program outcomes
- Experience working with broad range of people and groups
- Knowledge and experience of principles and best practices related to employment
- Knowledge of skill alignment/skill gaps, workforce planning/initiatives, accommodations, diversity and inclusivity programs/services
- Exemplary relationship, facilitation, negotiation, influencing, and presentation skills
- Critical thinker who is skilled at project management
- Demonstrated ability to work in a confidential environment and handle highly sensitive information
- Integrity, respect and solutions focused with a commitment to inclusive, participatory and sustainable community development
- Exposure to adult education principles gained through experiences in corporate training, learning development or equivalent experiences developed from content development presentation/facilitation
- Exposure to working with and / or facilitating the Business Model Canvas
- Knowledge/experience/exposure/education working with varying populations (military, youth, disability, mental health)
- All employees must pass a background check
- Some travel may be required
- All employees must be flexible to work from the office as well as from home based on the evolving Covid-19 situation and program needs