Break Barriers. Employ Change.
Prospect Human Services is dedicated to identifying situations where groups of individuals are facing challenges with full participation, and developing the services and supports necessary to break down those barriers. Our current portfolio provides support to both individuals and employers to fully integrate our community and our workforce.
Prospect strongly believes in its five brand pillars and is looking for great candidates who share the same beliefs:
Prospect creates change by envisioning the end game and creating the means to realize it. We believe asking “why not?” aids progress. Solutions are created when we think beyond traditional boundaries.
Prospect seeks different perspectives. All parties must be engaged, including for-profit, not-for-profit, funders and government. Only by understanding all points of view can we create inclusive workplaces.
In every facet of our work, our actions show a commitment to professional management and service delivery. Prospect is accountable, ethical and honest.
Prospect approaches every opportunity with enthusiasm. We drive change with energy, optimism and commitment. Anyone who walks through our doors can feel the positive energy.
We are driven by the desire to promote human welfare and advance social reforms in the working world. While our commitment is all heart, our solutions are all business.
Satisfaction. It’s a rare commodity. Mick Jagger couldn’t get any in 1965. Some would say it’s even worse in 2020. But those people have probably never met our Workforce Advisors.
Prospect’s Workforce Advisors deal in satisfaction. Satisfied employers. Satisfied employees. Perhaps you have the skills to join this multi-talented team. You’ll work with employers at all levels to successfully attract and retain skilled labour.
A true professional, you have experience in networking, lead generation and relationship building with decision makers in mid to large organizations across a variety of industries. You’re adept at assessing business needs and translating those needs into workforce solutions.
As you adroitly manage your employers’ and candidates’ satisfaction, at the end of the day you will find a greater sense of personal satisfaction. Discover more about this challenging and rewarding position, below.
What will you do?
- Utilizes Prospect’s large network of employers to identify leads for Prospect employer facing services
- Prospects for potential new clients and identifies decision makers across a variety of businesses and industries to increase service delivery
- Develop strong working relationships with new and existing employers
- Contacting potential clients via email or phone to establish rapport and set up meetings
- Educates and provides information on how to tap into the under accessed/underutilized labour pools to secure talent, with the benefit of building a skilled and more inclusive workplace
- Continually educates themselves on the current and future labour market and workforce trends. Strong understanding of organizational culture and issues facing employers with the current economy across a variety of industries. Addresses attitudinal barriers and works to remove stigmas attached to employment and people with disabilities in the community
- Attends various industry functions, such as association events, conferences, trade shows and job fairs; to increase awareness, share results, provide feedback and best practices on market and creative trends back to Prospect management
- Supports employers to build a productive, skilled workforce by:
- Determining short and long term workforce skills set requirements
- Facilitate formal assessments on employer’s ability to attract and retain skilled employees from under accessed labour sources
- Produce and present strategic comprehensive workforce inclusion plans to address workforce challenges
- Implementing recommendations, evaluating impact, and coaching employers in prioritizing their plans
- Develops and facilitates strategic discussions, training workshops, seminars and presentations to employers
- Build assessment tools, strategic planning, employer training, implementation and evaluations to align culture with diversity and inclusivity in the workplace
- Ensures employer data is accurately entered and managed within Prospect’s CRM system
- Complies with company policies/procedures, provincial, privacy and other job related legislation
- Champions Prospect’s goals, vision, mission and brand pillars
What does it take to do this job?
- Completion of post-secondary education in a related discipline
- 5+ years’ business development experience
- Demonstrable problem solving skills, with the ability to determine root causes of complex issues and arrive at sound workforce solutions
- Demonstrated ability to connect with industry decision makers
- Solid understanding of the Alberta labour market, equity, skill alignment/skill gaps and workforce development and planning initiatives
- Solid understanding of business development/sales cycle and experience closing work agreements with clients
- Intermediate to advanced skill level in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Excellent communicator with strong public speaking, presentation and facilitation skills
- Experienced in internet research, social media applications, various presentation software/programs and related presentation equipment.
- Experience with organizational policy/procedure creation, job evaluation, and productivity metrics
- Experience with Sales Force is an asset
* Some post-secondary education and/or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience will be considered for this role
- All employees must pass a background check
- A reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license is required for in-town travel
- Some travel throughout Alberta is required
- All employees must be flexible to work from the office as well as from home based on the evolving Covid-19 situation and program needs