Permanent Full Time – 35 hours per week
This position requires work outside normal office hours
The Employer Liaison/Job Coach supports clients in job search activities and promotes clients (multi-barriered and disabilities) to employers to generate job leads and secure sustainable employment, wage subsidy contracts, unpaid work experiences, community attachment, and on the job training/coaching. Employer Liaison/Job Coach will collect and disseminate labour market information to staff, clients, employers and community partners. Employer Liaison/Job Coach will also organize and participate in hiring fairs, build program awareness in the community, host market booths, participate in community events and promote ministry initiatives to employers. This position will meet specific identified targets and outcomes, utilizing all three service delivery channels – Outreach, Virtual and WorkBC Centres - while maintaining consistent records and tracking data.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Contact and network with employers to build relationships and generate appropriate leads for sustainable employment outcomes.
- Develop a specific client marketing plan that includes job target, employer targets and marketing strategies.
- Work collaboratively with Employment Counselors to understand client needs and employment goals.
- Work one to one with clients to support and strengthen self-marketing approaches including: targeted resumes, cover letters, interviews, and networking.
- Attend trade shows and other business/networking events to build employer relationships.
- Maintain and continue building an employer database.
- Create opportunities for multi-barriered clients to access informational interviews, job shadowing, volunteering and training on the job.
- Achieve outcome targets for paid/unpaid job placements.
- Administer, monitor and track financial supports and services according to WorkBC policy and eligibility criteria, including job start supports, transportation supports, food supports, grooming kits and other financial supports related to long term interventions.
- Provide thorough on the job coaching and follow-up support to clients and employers to ensure maximum success in reaching 52 weeks of sustained employment.
- Organize and participate in community initiatives, meetings, hiring fairs, collaborative events, program marketing.
- Perform other duties as required.
Education, Training and Experience:
- Business Administration or Marketing Degree/Diploma or a combination of relevant training and experience.
- 1-2 years of job development/job placement experience with clients with broad range of cultural backgrounds and complex barriers to employment preferred.
- Background in Recruitment is an asset.
- Strong links to the business community with a knowledge of the local labour market.
- Valid BC driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Must be able to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends.
Job Skills and Abilities:
- Comfortable working in a performance based work environment with strong emphasis on sustained employment outcomes.
- Ability to work with clients with multi barriers and disabilities utilizing a result-oriented focus combined with patience.
- Sound understanding of wage subsidy criteria and process for WorkBC and Opportunities Fund.
- Strong Computer, technical and Social Media skills
- Must be flexible, independent, self-motivated and have a mature disposition.
- Ability to write and format current industry standard resumes.
- Second language is an asset.
- Competent in relating to a diverse clientele, including people with disabilities, and sincere appreciation for a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to identify sensitive issues and maintain confidentiality.
* An eligibility list will be maintained for up to 6 months.
Closing date: 5 pm on Friday, October 23, 2020