Job Title: Corporate Marketing, Development & Branding Assistant (Summer Student Position)
Job Site: Ann Davis Transition Society, administration office, Chilliwack and some remote work
Reports to: Executive Director
Wage: $17.00 per hour
Hours: 4 days per week, 28 hours for 10 weeks
Job Posting Closing Date: Open until filled
To Apply: Email cover letter/CV and resume with 2 references: Corporate Marketing, Development & Branding Assistant Position in subject line to HR@anndavis.org.
Position Summary: All applicants must be under 29 years old as per funding contract requirements. The Corporate Marketing, Development & Branding Assistant must possess strong writing skills, intermediate to advanced graphic design capabilities and savvy technical/social media abilities to assist in developing annual marketing plans and strategies while maintaining existing branding and channels. This will include designing marketing material and events to aid in relationship development. Adept knowledge of marketing theory and practice coupled with effective project management, organization, multi-tasking, time management and strong interpersonal skills is essential to the position. The Corporate Marketing, Development & Branding Assistant works closely with and reports to the Executive Director.
- Contributing to the development of the annual Communications & Marketing plan and strategies.
- Writing promotional copy, creating marketing materials (including quotes/ tendering) and ensuring brand management to support all aspects of the organization, with particular focus to funding, community relations and events re-development.
- Development of manuals for main annual events.
- Assisting with the writing, editing, and designing the program and organization brochures, bi-monthly newsletter (develop a new template), annual report template, and develop the process and data for delivering monthly e-newsletters.
- (Relationship development) Liaising with media and other organizations to secure coverage and increased public awareness of our organization. Preparing briefings for interviews. Develop sustainable funding champions for existing programs.
- Assessing and updating website using an existing web content management system, including donation portal CanadaHelps.
- Maintaining a vibrant social media presence via Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Youtube.
- Developing community outreach opportunities, including event coordination and co- presentations.
- Maintaining databases and undertaking any other administrative duties.
- Degree or diploma in Marketing, Communication, Business Administration or Journalism.
- Demonstrated marketing experience with communications, graphic design and event coordination.
- Familiar with all phases of production of material for print and electronic media.
- Experience with donor databases is an asset
- Previous experience with a non-profit is an asset
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Photoshop, Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat, Outlook
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines; ability to work on many projects at one time
- Valid BC Driver’s License and access to a car
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work independently, cooperatively, and from a feminist perspective;
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Strong social media, marketing and development skills;
- Excellent working within a team and developing consensus;
- Strong time management and organizational skills;
- Proficient in use of standard office administrative practices and procedures, including the use of standard office equipment;
- Able to perform technical, specialized, complex and difficult office administrative work requiring the use of independent judgement and initiative;
- Able to interpret and implement policies, procedures and computer applications related to the work assigned;
- Able to perform basic research and prepare reports and recommendations;
- Able to use initiative and independent judgement within established policy and procedural guidelines
- Five day a week position – Start June 29
- Required Police Record Check: Vulnerable Sector Criminal Record Search
- Drivers Abstract
- Sense of Humor
Note: We conduct primary source verification of applicant's credentials including education, training, work history, and licensure.
STATEMENT OF DIVERSITY
The Ann Davis Transition Society, as a leading non-profit organization, respects diversity and foster social inclusion. We strive to deliver inclusive service, affirming the dignity of those we serve regardless of heritage (race, ethnicity, culture, nationality, linguistic origin, place of origin, citizenship, colour, ancestry), education, beliefs, creed (religion, faith, spirituality), gender, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental health, physical or cognitive capabilities, socio-economic status and political belief.
The Corporate Marketing, Development & Branding Assistant will follow the Code of Ethics and the Mission Statement of the Ann Davis Transition Society.