POSITION: Shelter Worker (Casual On-Call)
FACILITY : Belkin House, Vancouver
Job No. 0173
RESPONSIBILITIES (includes but not limited to the following)
- Perform client intake and discharge functions as necessary during shift
- Ensures client supervision and safety and complies with relevant Belkin House Policies and Procedures
- Utilize knowledge of issues, if applicable to the work setting, pertaining to homelessness, addictions, mental health, women with children, domestic violence/abuse, and to act as a client advocate, provide emotional support
- Maintain appropriate records and statistics, ensure that all required documentation is accurate and complete
- Attend and participate in meetings as required
(The above is just a general overview of the duties and responsibilities of the position.
It is not the complete list of responsibilities.)
- Be a mature individual, who is committed to the mission of Belkin House
- Completion of Grade 12 or the equivalent education, training and experience is typically required for this position
- At least six months’ previous experience in issues including domestic violence/abuse, substance abuse, mental health, and homelessness issues, in a residential environment is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a minimum of supervision
OTHER CONDITIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Successful obtainment of Enhanced Reliability Status Security Clearance
- Successful obtainment of clearance through the Criminal Record Check under the Criminal Records Review Program
- Successful obtainment of clearance through The Salvation Army Child Abuse Registry
- Possess valid First Aid/CPR certificate or obtain as condition of employment prior to the end of probationary period.
SALARY : Per Collective Agreement
TERMS : Casual, On-Call
DAYS & TIME : Variable (Must be available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, weekends, and Statutory Holidays.
NO. of VACANCIES : 4