Department: Epic at Home Service Stream
Reports to: Coordinator
Position Type: Permanent – Full Time
Epic Opportunities, has been proudly providing supports to adults with intellectual disabilities for the past 45 years. We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Manager who is committed to providing guidance and leadership. The successful candidate will drive their team to empower people to live full and meaningful lives.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- $33,280 – $41,787 wage, starting wage will be based on applicable qualifications and related experience.
- Employee Benefits Plan (health, dental, vision, prescription drugs, etc.)
- Group RRSP Program
- Three weeks annual vacation
- Discounts at local businesses (gym memberships, cell phone plans, etc.)
- Referral Bonus Program
- Fun and supportive team environment
- Epic Opportunities is committed to ongoing training and development
- Free on-site parking
The Epic at Home Service Stream provides residential supports to people focusing on; the participation in and contribution to community events and social occasions; developing personal networks for people supports and connect with other community members; assessing resources for peoples skills development, and focusing on each person’s emotional, physical, mental, and spiritual well-being.
- Giving direction and coaching to disability support workers while ensuring outcome driven, person centred services for people served by Epic Opportunities and promoting their self-determination.
- Monitoring and evaluating the achievements of outcomes, while ensuring Epic Opportunities core values are at the forefront of every support strategy.
- Provide administration support (i.e. payroll, monitoring of finances, scheduling).
- Be required to assist and contribute to development initiatives that align with organization priorities and goals.
- Recruitment, training and completing orientation, as well as provide on-going feedback to enhance services to people supported.
- On-Call Monday to Friday responding to and addressing calls from your designated work location.
The successful candidate for this position will have the following qualifications:
- Degree in Social Sciences and/or Disability and Community Support Diploma is preferred.
- Other combinations of education and experience will be considered.
- Ability to display Epic Opportunities Values in all interactions, and role modelling as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to assist vulnerable people in achieving personal outcomes and collaborating with support networks.
- Previous experience in a leadership or supervisory position related to services for persons with an intellectual disability.
- Demonstrated commitment to community living.
- Provide direct support to their team and the persons supported to ensure clear communication and a cohesive team.
- Ability to guide team members to ensure Epic Opportunities policies and VPA legislation is followed.
- Demonstrated the ability to use sound judgement and reasoning, balance strengths and weaknesses of different options; decide the best course of action
- Ability to be flexible in their personal schedule to meet the needs of persons served and disability support workers.
- Experience in staff recruitment, training, and performance management an asset.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with the ability to listen, understand, problem solve and respond to various situations.
- Current Manitoba Driver’s license and use of personal vehicle (required).
- Current Basic First Aid, CPR Level C & AED certification.
- Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Search and both a Child and Adult Abuse Registry Check upon hire at their own expense. To reduce wait times on employment, we suggest that all applicants apply ahead of time. Please be aware that obtaining these documents does not guarantee employment.