This is a temporary, seasonal position based on 15-30 hours per week. Kettle Campaign normal hours of operation 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Shifts will include days, afternoons, evenings, weekend shifts, and split shifts, Monday through Saturday. Flexibility in scheduling is required, as the hours will gradually increase as per the Christmas Kettle Campaign operational requirements.
Required to wear appropriate Salvation Army identification.
Travel is associated with this position.
Start Date: Monday, November 2, 2020
End Date: Thursday, December 31, 2020
Interested applicants must respond in writing with a cover letter and resume.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates to be interviewed will be contacted.
The Salvation Army exists to share the love of Jesus Christ, meet human needs and be a transforming influence in the communities of our world. Each position contributes to the mission of The Salvation Army.
The Salvation Army Canada and Bermuda has four core values:
Hope: We give hope through the power of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
Service: We reach out to support others without discrimination.
Dignity: We respect and value each other, recognizing everyone’s worth.
Stewardship: We responsibly manage the resources entrusted to us.
Position Purpose summary:
Responsible as a group work leader, provides direction and checking results.
- Promote, coordinate and oversee the activities of Christmas Kettle Campaign Worker staff and/or volunteers
- Oversee the operations of the Christmas Kettle campaign including, scheduling of staff, counting, reporting, and maintaining records of donations received.
- Will participate in recruitment of kettle worker staff and/or volunteers
- Orientation and performance management of kettle worker staff and/or volunteers
- Coordinate the schedule for kettle worker staff/volunteers and responds to emergency absences, etc.
- Foster and maintain positive working relationships with kettle sites
- Coordinate the delivery and pick-up of kettles to/from sites daily, ensuring the security of donations.
- May deliver and pick-up kettles in an emergency situation
- Host at a kettle as required ensuring necessary coverage for breaks, etc.
- Ensure that kettle locations have adequate supplies of literature etc.
- Represent The Salvation Army in a positive, professional manner.
- Record statistical data and prepare weekly time sheets as required.
- Post campaign; organize retrieval of all equipment/supplies from various kettle locations.
- Perform other position related duties as required
FINANCIAL AND MATERIALS MANAGEMENT:
- Responsible for coordination of kettles; delivery and pick-up to/from sites daily, ensuring the security of donations.
Education, Qualifications and Certifications:
- Completed High School or equivalent.
- Prior related experience would be a definite asset.
- Valid Ontario Class “G” Driver’s License, personal vehicle required and insurance, current copy of driver’s abstract that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required.
- Must provide an original copy of a Background Check that is satisfactory to The Salvation Army, in its sole discretion, is required. The screening is secured either through the national Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or through a local police detachment.
- May require screening through The Salvation Army Abuse Registry.
Experience and Skilled Knowledge Requirements:
- Experience in office administration.
- Experience with general office equipment and must have strong skills and experience using word processing (WORD); spread sheet use (EXCEL).
Skills and Capabilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills, integrity, and adaptability.
- Ability to multi-task and work well in a fast-paced office setting
- Attention to detail, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Lead by example, by demonstrating a strong work ethic and a willingness to learn and be flexible in the face of change.
- Ability to maintain information in confidence and exercise good judgement.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and participate as an active and responsible team member in a cooperative team environment.
- Exhibit good listening skills, have strong oral/written communication skills and respect authority.
- Participate in mandatory orientation training, on-going professional development and training.
- Participate in regular supervision and performance appraisal processes.
- Work in compliance with OH&S Act and Regulations and abide by The Salvation Army’s health and safety policies and procedures.
- Represent the organization in a positive, professional and engaging manner.
- Must comply with all Salvation Army policies, procedures and associated legislation.
- Treat the property of The Salvation Army with due care and caution.
- Develop an understanding and support for the mission and purpose of The Salvation Army in Canada and its implications as related to position responsibilities.
The Salvation Army will accommodate candidates as required under applicable human rights legislation.
If you require a disability-related accommodation during this process, please inform us of your requirements.
Internal Applicants, please advise Department Heads of your intentions prior to submitting your application.