Indspire is an Indigenous national registered charity that invests in the education of Indigenous people for the long-term benefit of these individuals, their families and communities, and Canada. With the support of its funding partners, Indspire disburses financial awards, delivers programs, and shares resources with the goal of improving educational outcomes for First Nations, Inuit, and Métis students. Through Indspire’s education offerings, we provide resources to students, educators, communities, and other stakeholders who are committed to improving success for Indigenous youth. In 2019-20, Indspire awarded $17.7 million through 5,124 bursaries and scholarships to First Nations, Inuit, and Métis youth, making it the largest funder of Indigenous post-secondary education outside the federal government. Each year, the organization presents the Indspire Awards, a celebration of the successes achieved by First Nations, Inuit, and Métis people that is broadcast nationally.
Never has there been a better time to join this national leader!
We are currently hiring for a Business Development Associate. Under the direction of the Director, Partnerships, the Business Development Associate is responsible for the successful onboarding and stewardship of Indspire’s institutional sponsors and donors. This role generates processes, tracks and implements all aspects of sponsorship/gift agreements to ensure that benefits, recognition, and activations are fulfilled and data collected and reported in a timely manner. The Business Development Associate works with colleagues across the organization to maintain excellent supporter relationships to achieve increased levels of support and repeat/multi-year revenue commitments in order to assist Indspire in achieving its mission and mandate.
The position responsibilities of the Business Development Associate include:
- Generates and administers sponsorship and gift agreements and successfully fulfills all commitments in order to maximize revenues and ensure supporter renewals;
- Supports the Director and colleagues with strategic analysis of benefit activation offerings on an annual basis to ensure that benefits, recognition and activations are generating maximum results;
- Identifies growth opportunities for sponsors using foresight and analysis of their goals and objectives;
- Builds and maintains relationships with supporters by understanding needs, and anticipating them;
- Supports and problem solves during the planning and execution of events and programs to help exceed stakeholder expectations and grow Indspire’s reputation;
- Participates in internal brainstorming and meetings, as well as supporter interactions, to research and support benefit, recognition and activation development to attract new supporters;
- Creates and maintains tools, templates and other resources to support revenue growth;
- Collaborates with the Development team and other staff to identify and provide sponsor employee engagement and volunteer opportunities for Indspire programs and operations;
- Identifies trends in sponsorship activations and cause marketing, as well as industry best practices to ensure that Indspire is increasing revenue and providing a high level of return to supporters;
- Leads collaboration with other departments as the key contact for all benefit, recognition and activation fulfillment and the collection of data and related content for reports;
- Ensures that supporters and prospects are invited to Indspire events and activities and attends events as appropriate.
- Develops, reviews, and improves administrative systems, policies, and procedures;
- Maintains a master tracking grid of all sponsor benefits, recognition and activations for events to track and fulfill all obligations to deliver the best possible supporter experience;
- Tracks and updates all event and program results reports and ensures that supporters are invoiced and payments received prior to each fiscal year-end;
- Ensures that all sponsor contacts are up-to-date to support ongoing communication;
- Maintains accurate, professional and current records, actions and reports in database;
- Works closely with all departments to identify and create new revenue generating opportunities and gain an in-depth understanding of Indspire programs;
- Other duties or projects as assigned by the Director, Partnerships.
- Completion of a three-year college diploma or university degree or equivalent experience.
- Progressive experience with a minimum of four years’ experience and success in project or account management in a non-profit organization or similar environment.
- A broad knowledge of sponsorship and corporate social responsibility practices;
- Knowledge of the issues affecting Indigenous peoples and experience in Indigenous communities preferred.
- Demonstrated openness to learning and willingness to engage in cultural competency training.
- Demonstrated skills managing timelines, scheduling, and milestones;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills;
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills to communicate effectively with corporate sponsors and donors to meet their needs.
- Team player who takes initiative.
- Ability to work with sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
- Able to work and interact with a diversity of corporate donors, sponsors and prospects.
- Able to work quickly, efficiently and accurately with an attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS office suite and experience with databases, including Raiser’s Edge.
- Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends and potentially travel occasionally.
The duties within this job description can be amended from time to time.