Part time Administrative Assistant (24 hrs/wk) - Bonnyville, Alberta
Job ID#: J1020-1281
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Type: Permanent, Part-Time
Location: Bonnyville, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 24
Scheduled Days & Hours Each Week: 8 hrs/day (8:30am to 4:30pm) 3 days/wk or shorter hours 5 days/wk
Compensation: $21.91 - $24.95 /Hour
At WJS Canada, our passion is to improve lives and develop life skills of persons with developmental disabilities (including acquired brain injury, FASD, autism, and dual diagnosis). We offer a wide range of local programs and services that encourage community inclusion, participation and goal setting/achievement. The Bonnyville office is a busy administration hub supporting these programs, staff and management in Bonnyville and Cold Lake.
Scheduled hours are 24 hrs/wk which can be worked as three 8 hour days (Ex 8:30-4:30) or 5 shorter days (Ex 8:30-2:30) making it suitable for parents with school aged children.
The successful applicant will assist Program Managers with preparing and maintaining client and employee files, assist with scheduling and pre-evaluation documents, completing job posting request forms, conducting reference checks and credential verifications, petty cash and expense reports as well as other administration items for the programs as needed.
In Your Role You Will
• Prepare, code & submit for approval invoices, bills, expense claims, etc. according to established timelines.
• Complete and submit payroll time sheets, leave requests and other personnel forms.
• Create program reports, documentation and written communications.
• Maintain petty cash fund.
• Represent WJS to clients and communities in a professional manner on the telephone and in-person reception.
• Organize and securely store confidential client & employee personnel records & files (electronic and paper), incoming information/documents, etc.
• Assist in the evaluation of program/service deliverables and contribute information and recommendations toward improvements.
• Schedule appointments for various services.
• Direct clients to appropriate agencies, contacts and/or service providers.
• Maintain office supplies and equipment.
• Adhere to program and provincial standards as well as WJS policies and procedures.
• Liaise with funding agencies and other WJS offices.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Must have a High School Diploma
• Completion of 2 year Certificate/Diploma (Administration or Human Resources) preferred
• At least 1 year recent experience in an office environment
• Demonstrated ability to type 60 wpm
• MS Office Suite, including Outlook, Teams and SharePoint, as well as other database and software programs
• Good word processing and spreadsheet data entry skills capability
• Subject to a clear Criminal Record check and Child Welfare Intervention check.
• Must have a reliable vehicle
What WJS Canada does
WJS helps people with developmental disabilities thrive in their communities through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Community-based homes and residential care
• Supportive Independent living
• Family support services, including respite care
• Day programs, community involvement, employment
• Behaviour, emotional and mental health support
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, respectful and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
Is this the opportunity you've been looking for?
If so, please apply online at www.wjscanada.com
Or click (copy/paste into your internet browser) the link below:
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!