As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, you will lead and develop Community Programming and Integration activities including new program growth to ensure optimal response to youth, partners, communities and the province with regards to youth mental health services. Building on RSC successful external relationships, you will advance the mental well-being of the youth and families we serve by working with other people and organizations to bring integrated health services as close to home as possible.
1. Lead, develop, coach, supervise and provide oversite of all Community Programs including Day Treatment, School-Based Mental Health Services, Family Community Intervention Programs and Family/Caregiver Education.
2. Promote the Centre’s Mission, Vision and Values and ensure that services to the clients within the community are consistent with the Centre’s treatment philosophy and ethical standards.
3. Together with the Executive Director and partners, engage in systems thinking, strategic planning and visioning to improve and integrate within local, regional and provincial delivery of complex mental health treatment and support for youth and families.
4. Steward and lead the conceptualization, development, and promotion of a full continuum of programs and effective collaborations designed to enrich RSC’s level of service.
5. Responsible to ensure that the community understands the services offered by the Centre as well as the Coordinated Referral/Access Committee’s (or similar) role to youth, families and other agencies. Oversee the determination of suitability of the Centre’s Community Programs to youth and their families.
6. Ensure optimal supports are available to youth and families in the Community Programs to support our clients to achieve their goals, develop positive relationships, and remain or return to, and thrive, within their families and communities.
7. Ensure compliance with all applicable legislation, policies, leading practices, professional, and accreditation standards.
8. Lead and champion the Centre’s treatment model, and, together with the Manager of Programs and Quality, develop an annual plan to further ensure that treatment is provided in all Centre Programs, using a Collaborative Problem-Solving (CPS) philosophy.
9. Together with Program Coordinators, oversee staff teams to seek opportunities for staff education and development and utilize the skills and talents of all staff and placement students.
10. Provide On-Call support to Centre programs.
11. Represent the Centre programs and organization to agencies, and communities, notably at client coordinating tables.
Qualification, skills, aptitude and ability
1. A university degree or equivalent in a Health related field, Social Work, Health Education, or Health Administration with experience in mental health service delivery.
2. Minimum of five years’ progressive mental health management experience, community-based preferred, in a multi-disciplinary treatment organization.
3. Demonstrated leadership abilities, strong entrepreneurial mindset, and change agent acumen.
4. Fully bilingual in both official languages (French and English).
5. Proven ability to identify, scope and resource new programs based on community need.
6. Demonstrated experience working with multiple stakeholders holding diverse opinions and objectives.
7. Experience and skill in building and maintaining collaborative partnerships.
8. Strong communication and presentation skills with internal and external stakeholders (oral and written).
9. Possess a broad knowledge of community-based mental health resources for children, youth and transitional age youth.
10. Superior coaching and mentorship skills, advanced computer skills.
11. Demonstrated project management experience.
12. Experience using CPS model implementation and support preferred.
You must be enthusiastic about growing community-based youth mental health services and gifted at motivating others, decision-making, and problem-solving.
Expected Start Date: 2020-11-23
Due to COVID-19, there are some opportunities to work from home on a sporadic basis. We provide all necessary PPE and take the necessary precautions to keep all of our employees as safe as possible during this difficult time.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!