Finance Advisor– Full Time, Permanent
Are you an experienced Finance professional who is looking for fulfilling work in the non-profit sector with supportive colleagues and a flexible work culture? Are you a community inspired individual with a strong focus on providing excellent service to clients?
MakeWay is looking for a pro-active Advisor who will provide timely financial expertise to projects within our Shared Platform. You will be the main finance liaison between the Shared Platform and operations support staff. As our Finance Advisor you will enjoy using your skills and expertise towards supporting our Shared Platform projects in achieving greater impact. You will have the opportunity to assist with ongoing improvements to systems and processes.
The Finance Advisor, Shared Platform reports to the Shared Platform Finance Manager and is highly collaborative with other peer Finance and Shared Platform teams.
MakeWay builds partnerships and solutions to nature and communities thrive together. Our Shared Platform is home to over 60 projects working on community-led solutions that further our mission. If our values align with yours and you want to learn, grow and develop within a supportive team that shares knowledge and cares, then we want to hear from you! Join us and make a difference.
What You’ll Do:
- Ensure analysis and reports for project staff, operations support staff, and MakeWay management are timely, accurate, and meet the needs of stakeholders
- Respond to queries and provide technical support to project staff, operations support staff, MakeWay management and other stakeholders
- Assist project staff with budgeting, cash forecasting, and analysis to support strategic decision-making
- Assist Finance Manager with delegation of tasks, monitoring of operational support effectiveness, and providing training opportunities for a variety of audiences
- Collaborate with operations support staff to ensure effective and efficient financial management of Projects
- Identify and collaborate on improvements to systems, processes, reports, and technical tools
- Prepare ad hoc reports as required
Who You Are:
- A collaborative team player – You are able to balance autonomy and collaboration
- A great communicator - You naturally orient towards customer service and can translate complex information into clear and simple language. You are helpful and friendly on the phone, and your emails are clear and informative
- Able to manage high volume of requests in a timely manner and remain flexible to changing priorities
Experience You Bring:
- 3+ years’ experience at this level
- High attention to detail paired with analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with and learn multiple software systems
- Ability to prioritize and deliver multiple assignments in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Exceptional planning and time management skills
- Self-starter with initiative and the ability to work independently within a close-knit team environment
- Advanced Excel skills
It would be a bonus if you have:
- Non-profit experience
- An accounting certificate or diploma, or in final stages of achieving a certificate or diploma
- Experience with Netsuite or other ERP systems
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems
What we offer:
- The opportunity to have a real impact on the community
- Salary of $53,500 - $59,160 (dependent on experience you bring)
- Competitive benefits package including generous RRSP contribution
- Three weeks’ vacation
- Committed colleagues
- High level of responsibility and autonomy
- Opportunities and support for professional learning and growth
In your cover letter please share what makes you an ideal fit for this position and why you want to join the MakeWay team. This position will stay open until filled.
MakeWay is strongly committed to creating a diverse workplace community and we encourage all qualified applicants to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the selection process, please contact us.
Only those applicants invited for an interview will be contacted. No recruiters please!