Since 1993 Harvest Project has been reaching out to North Shore residents who are experiencing extreme challenges with family break-down, illness, job loss, and poverty. Our vision is to enlarge our work as a compassionate presence for North Shore residents, by North Shore residents. We contribute to a holistic support network that provides help for adults and children who find themselves in a vulnerable place in our community.
Our founder began Harvest Project as an expression of his Christian faith: to help those in poverty, to care for marginalized people, and to seek justice for neighbours in need. Today, we continue this vision as we bring a deep commitment to love our neighbours (“extending a hand up”). Visit www.harvestproject.org.
We are seeking an experienced professional who is self-motivated, collaborative and compassionate to join our dynamic and enjoyable team environment. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Case Manager brings leadership for the development, oversight, and effective delivery of Harvest Project’s integrated case management model. The Case Manager works in partnership with the Program Manager, Client Care, to bring ongoing recommendations that align with Harvest Project’s Mission and the full scope of client needs.
- Maintain a client case load, assisting them with utilizing resources and gaining confidence aimed toward client success.
- Conduct new intakes and determine level and complexity of services required based on the client’s current situation, needs, strength and goals.
- Assist client to address their situation with a vision to optimize the individual’s ability to improve their (and family) situations. This may include coordinating services for individuals and families for counseling and advocacy to psychological assessment and evaluation.
- Maintain oversight of client files to monitor accuracy and completeness, and ensure our program systems, data collection and reporting are well managed and maintained.
- Recruit and supervise our Case Workers, providing direction, advice, coaching, support, acting as a resource, and evaluation.
- In collaboration with the Client Care Manager, provide training, shadowing, and support to Case Workers to build knowledge and skills and ensure integrated, effective and efficient service delivery.
Community Partnerships & Resources
- Develop and maintain a network of North Shore community relationships and resources to optimize HP’s ability to support and assist clients to achieve goals through a holistic support network.
- Participate in social services community meetings and promote Harvest Project at community events.
Education and Experience
Master Degree in counselling, social work or related field, with current registration in good standing with the relevant B.C. professional association. Five years’ case management experience, with specific experience and knowledge of issues related to poverty, unemployment, and homelessness. Experience working with community services, resources and systems, Assets are experience in: a non-profit organization; working in a multi-cultural community, and psychological aspects of care.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Case management best practices for successful client outcomes and knowledge of policies, procedures, and laws covering case management for serving vulnerable adults and families.
- Coordination for working with multiple clients and agencies and adept at planning to ensure service delivery to clients is timely.
- In-group facilitation, developing training, and workshop delivery. Handling difficult situations, identify key issues and overcome challenges by creative problem solving. Analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Solid skills with MS Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel) and client management databases
- Seasoned interviewing, assessment and evaluation skills, with strengths for phrasing questions in a manner reflecting dignity, respect and compassion.
- Can identify with the struggles a client has by modelling empathy to encourage clients to open up and build trust in the process.
- Advocate for clients to secure services to address their best interests and skilled in establishing and maintaining excellent relationships with diverse stakeholders including multicultural and multi-faith.
- Professional standards, including accountability, a high level of integrity, confidentiality, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Diplomacy, collaboration, people management, conflict resolution, active listening, non-violent communication, problem-solving and team-building. Your maturity in relationship with others includes compassion, patience, and empathy.
Occasional work to be done outside of core hours; may come into contact with clients in crisis situations; a vulnerable sector criminal record check is required; driver’s license and a clear driving record is required.