As a neighbourhood-based organization, our purpose is to strengthen the health and vitality of community by:
• identifying and responding to community needs,
• collaborating to enhance the lives of those we serve,
• cultivating effective, sustainable partnerships.
We are currently looking for a self-directed, engaging, empathetic Casual/On Call Residential Child and Youth Worker to join our growing team. Reporting to the Senior Residence Worker, the Residential Child and Youth Worker will provide support to youth through care plans that develop social and life skills while living in a collaborative team environment. The program, located in Langley, is a 24 hour emergency receiving home for youth between the ages of 12 to 19 who are in need of a short term stabilization.
JOB POSTING: 2020-0100RCYW-Casual
DATE: November 3, 2020
POSITION: Casual/On call
SALARY RANGE: $21.52
BENEFITS: Not Eligible
VACATION: as per ESS policy
ANTICIPATED START DATE: ASAP
• Participates in the assessment, goal setting and progress evaluation of children/youth.
• Teaches children/youth to relate in a socially appropriate manner through the use of daily routines and activities.
• Monitors clients in a residential setting and ensure their safety and well-being.
• Provides behaviour management counselling to clients on a one-one and/or group basis by performing duties such as providing feedback on clients’ behavior, teaching coping techniques and adaptive behavior and providing guidance and support.
• Recognizes and deals with potential emergency situations such as client’s aggressive behavior to ensure no harm comes to the clients and/or the public. Reports problems to the Program Coordinator.
• Ensures communication and liaison between group home, school, family and the community.
• Ensure that clients’ physical needs are met by performing duties such as assisting with basic personal hygiene, preparing meals, and administering medication as required in accordance with established guidelines, procedures and instructions.
• Maintains reports such as statistics, logbooks, and daily activities on residents.
• Carries out household duties such as meal preparation and household cleaning.
• Administers medication to clients in accordance with established policy.
• Accompanies clients to appointments and community outings.
• Performs other related duties as required.
We are interested in candidates with the following Qualifications
1. Education and Knowledge
• Certificate in a related human/social service Field
• Current knowledge of issues and resources related to youth at-risk
2. Training and Experience
• Two (2) years recent related experience
• Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
3. Skills and Abilities
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Effective problem-solving, conflict resolution and crisis intervention skills
• Ability to be flexible, resourceful and possess good time management skills.
• Ability to perform tasks involving physical activity, including lifting, and bending.
• Must possess a working knowledge of computers (Microsoft Word/Excel)
4. Other Information
• Must possess a valid BC Class 5 Drivers’ License and have a reliable vehicle(mileage paid for work use)
• Mandatory Criminal Record check
• First Aid certification
• Primary source credential verification
• Driver’s Abstract review, vehicle business insurance
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!