Social Services - Director of Quality Assurance – Maple Ridge, BC or Edmonton, AB
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: Maple Ridge, BC or Edmonton, AB, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 32
Scheduled Days & Hours Each Week: Flexible schedule 4 or 5 days each week
WJS Canada, a national social services agency, is contracted by the government through over 90 contracts to provide community-based services to children and families, persons with developmental disabilities and at-risk youth. Each day 700 dedicated staff serve approximately 1,300 persons through over 125 services. All our programs provide high quality, personalized and culturally responsive care in even the most complex cases designed to foster positive life changes, increase self-esteem and connections to the community/culture.
Enhance understanding of quality assurance purpose and practice by collaborating with teams on the development, interpretation, and implementation of quality standards, as well as, assist with communication to employees.
WJS Canada defines QUALITY as reliable performance excellence that is realized through continuous improvement and measured by the difference made in people’s lives.
This Director position is hands-on and assumes oversight of all aspects of Quality Assurance across the organization, working closely with senior levels of national and provincial teams to evaluate and monitor WJS Canada's support services and programs to ensure they meet our quality client care standards and promote satisfaction in service. Standards that are set by funders, professional organizations, evidence-based practices and public policies aimed at improving outcomes for persons served.
In Your Role You Will
• Implement WJS Canada’s quality strategy.
• Plan, establish and maintain reliability standards and quality service initiatives together with management team.
• Engage and train staff teams in WJS policies and quality standards/initiatives.
• Research current and emerging standards; confer with licensing and/or quality assurance professionals/consultants.
• Devise evaluation methods and procedures.
• Establish, enhance and/or maintain a quality documentation system and compliance and inspection standards.
• Prepare quality assurance reports and budget.
• Hire, mentor and manage team of two Quality Enhancement Specialists.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Degree in Social Work, Psychology, Human Services, People Management, Project Management or relevant field.
• 5 years management and experience as a Quality Service Analyst, .
• Other combinations of education and experience may be considered.
• Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and clean driver’s abstract.
• Knowledge of the goals, objectives, structure and operations of major social service agencies.
• Collaborative leadership and team work skills.
• Excellent skills in problem-solving and monitoring quality assurance systems.
What WJS Canada does
WJS keeps families strong through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Family support services, including respite care
• Foster and Kinship Care and Support
• Early Intervention or Diversion Programs
• Community-based homes and residential care for persons with Diverse abilities
• Supportive Independent living
• Day programs, community involvement, employment
• Behaviour, emotional and mental health support
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, respectful and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
• Generous benefit packages for full time employees
Is this the opportunity you've been looking for?
If so, please apply for JOB# J1120-0160 online at www.wjscanada.com
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!