POSITION: COOK (Casual, On-Call)
FACILITY : Belkin House Vancouver
The Cook prepares and serves nutritious good tasting meals in an efficient and effective manner in accordance with food safety practices.
- Clean and organize storerooms and coolers during shift, including putting deliveries away
- Plan and prepare meals in accordance with published service schedules.
- Completely clean all work areas and equipment both during shift and before leaving
- Follow written and oral portioning guidelines
- Provide direction to volunteers helping in the kitchen
- Ensure surplus food is properly cooled and stored at the end of the meal service and ensure food wastage is reduced
- Report in writing occurrences or problems with customers or others so that action can be taken and ensure supervisor is aware of customer feedback relating to meals and service
- Maintain discipline and order in the kitchen and in the dining room area. This is to be done firmly but respectfully and with assistance when needed
- Record meal amounts and volunteer’s tickets for the shift worked
- Complete shift duties from posted shift lists and verbal instructions
- Ensure that catering needs are met according to the posted lists and any verbal instructions
- Fill out food safety forms required for the shift worked
- Follow policy and procedures as outlined in manual and for each shift
- Report all faulty kitchen equipment as quickly as possible
- Provide sufficient preparation for the next day’s meal service, including pulling any needed items from the freezer.
- We operate 7 DAYS A WEEK serving a full breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The Morning Cook does breakfast and lunch; the Evening Cook does dinner.
- Cooking course certificate from a recognized accredited institution
- Food Safe Level 1
- Three years’ experience working in a responsible team position with indirect supervision, cooking and food purchasing, receiving and food safe practice
- Adequate training in a restaurant type environment
- Current first aid/ CPR level 1 certificate
OTHER CONDITIONS / REQUIREMENTS
- Successful obtainment of clearance through The Salvation Army Child Abuse Registry
- Successful obtainment of clearance through the Criminal Record Check under the Criminal Records Review Act
SALARY : Per Collective Agreement
TERMS : Casual (On-Call)
DAYS & TIME : Monday to Sunday
(Must be available to work a variety of shifts, including days, evenings, weekends, and Statutory Holidays.)
NO. OF VACANCIES : 1