Responsibilities and abilities
Reporting directly to the Manager of Child Care Operations, the Child Care Coordinator is an enthusiastic, results driven member of the leadership team with a can do attititude. This person believes that every child matters and has a right to high quality, inclusive learning environments. Therefore, this person supports and coaches their team to ensure a safe, fun environment where children are able to learn and thrive. The Child Care Coordinator is responsible for providing successful leadership and management to the licensed child care programs at their assigned facility.
- To provide successful leadership to the Lac Des Bois care and Learning Centre
- The Coordinator is committed to achieving excellence in child care and makes a significant contribution towards the advancement of qualifty child care in our community
- To spend within an approved budget, hire, supervise and terminate all staff and volunteers within the Coordinator’s responsibility area in consultation with the Manager of Operations and the Director of Child Care Services.
- Ensure that all systems meet Association standards of confidentiality, safety, quality, concern for the environment and health and are in compliance with relevant government regulations at all times.
· Responsible for human resource management including coaching and performance management
· Accountable for the oversight to ensure quality delivery of YMCA Playing to Learn and YMCA A Place to Connect training and implementation.
· Ensures high service standards and satisfaction ratings thoughout all programs. Achieves all quality targets established through association goals and national standards
· Ensures compliance with all municipal, provincial, regional and national YMCA initiatives. Ensures that all centres are operating in compliance with the Child Care Licensing Regulations at all times
· Oversite of staff schedules including vation requests in order to ensure seamless operations
· Familiarity and compliance with applicabe legislation including Employment Standards, Human Rights and Work Safe in order to safe guard the respectful and fair treatment of staff, volunteers, members, participants and all visitors to the facility
· Meeting reporting requirements
· Engages and builds a team dedicated to excellence in service
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Detail oriented, self starter and organized
· Excellent time management and teamwork abilities
· Excellent relationship building skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to problem solve and remain calm in an emergency
· Temperment, Ability, Character and Experience to guide staff in providing exceptional care
· Proven computer skills and ability to work with Microsoft Office
· Works independently, making decisions and executing work with minimal support, in an environment with many urgent and competing priorities.
· This position deals with multiple demands, deadlines and dealing with the day to day interruptions
· Work involves a moderate amount of physical, mental and visual demands
· Occasional evenings and weekends
· Post secondary diploma in Early Care and Learning or a related field or combination of education and experience
· Current License to Practice
· Experience in the development and leadership of an effective, engaged team, min. 2 years
· Experience in child care and child development
· Phyiscal ability to do the duties required
· Satisfactory Criminal Record and Clear Vulnerable Sector Search.
· Three satisfactory professional references
· Immunization record including TB test
· Current Child Care First Aid & CPR -C Certification
Compentencies In addition to bringing a commitment to YMCA vision and values, and an orientation to service, the candidate should possess the following competencies:
1. Leadership/Coaching – Ability to direct and develop performance of others to achieve desired result.
2. Negotiation/Communication/Interpersonal Skills Able to speak, write, listen and secure information in a variety of settings. Ability to cooperate with others to achieve results. Ability to create and build relationships inside and outside the organization.
3. Planning/Organizing – Ability to establish a clearly defined and effective course of action for self and others to accomplish short and long term goals.
4. Problem Solving – Ability to identify an issue, gathers and processes relevant information, determine possible solutions, selects appropriate responses and implements and evaluates them.
5. Service Strategy – Ability to identify the needs and wants of members/participants as a priority and respond in an effective and timely manner to enhance every person’s YMCA experience.
6. Initiative/Enthusiasm/Innovation – Ability to manage and lead in order to achieve and exceed identified goals.
7. Community Awareness and Understanding – Demonstrates and promotes a personal understanding of and appreciation for the vision, mission and values of the organization.
8. Project Resource Management – Ability to manage a project from initial planning to completion.
9. Strategic Planning/Visioning - Ability to visualize future direction and formulate strategies, plans and action to achieve vision.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!