Temporary Full-time – Until March 31, 2021
Monday – Friday 35 hours per week
The administrative assistant is responsible for performing, coordinating and overseeing technical and office administrative duties to support Homelessness Services Programs in meeting key performance measures and program outcomes.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Perform a variety of administrative duties; including scheduling meetings, organizing reports and maintaining records in a confidential manner.
2. Order/purchase and maintain supplies. Create and manage inventory of program supplies.
3. Track and organize donations; including schedules for donation pickups and purchasing of supplies
4. Gather and organize information and data for reports
5. Coordinate, schedule and document meetings
6. Solicit vendors and contractors for building maintenance and repairs; including scheduling quotes, organizing repair schedules and, under the guidance of the Program Manager, monitoring projects.
7. Process annual archiving of closed files.
8. Under the guidance of Program Managers, assist with various HR and Payroll processes such as:
9. Provide clerical assistance including monitoring phone lines, formatting documents, filing and other clerical duties
10. Adheres to the policies and standards as established in policy and program manuals, Health & Safety Guidelines, job descriptions, written memos, and verbal agreements.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
Education, Training, and Experience:
• Demonstrated success in an Administrative/Intake Worker or similar role.
• Completion of high school preferably with post-secondary administrative certificate/diploma
• Well-rounded knowledge of community services and resources in the community.
• Advanced computer skills in MS Office and internet
Job Skills and Abilities:
• Alert to the needs of a dynamic management team
• Strong ethics around confidentiality.
• Flexible and committed to contributing to a team – ‘can do’, ‘will do’ attitude.
• Competent in relating to very diverse clientele; patient and calm when handling challenging situations.
• Must be sensitive to and respectful of cultural and lifestyle diversity.
• Exceptional communication and listening skills
• Ability to organize and carry out duties with independence and professionalism.
• Organized and comfortable working in a multi-tasking, fast-paced environment.
• Crisis Line experience is an asset
Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerable Sector Search preceding your start date.
* An eligibility list will be maintained for up to 6 months. Eligible applicants may be offered a casual position.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!