Are you a wellness champion that is focused on building relationships through strength-based and person-centered approaches? Do you have a passion in supporting women and modelling what personal wellness, self-care and recovery can look like?
e4c is hiring a Weekend Evening Wellness Coach in our Transitional Housing Program which is an exciting opportunity for collaborative work related to social justice, social change and innovation. You will provide supports for residents in developing individualized goals whilst creating a safe judgement free community within the home that supports emotional, spiritual, mental and physical wellness.
Hours: Part-Time on Saturday and Sunday: 4:30pm to 12:00am
Why Join Our Team
- Empower individuals served in developing and achieving their own personalized goals.
- In-house collaborative training opportunities and supervisory coaching sessions to build knowledge, skills and tools relevant to your role and duties.
- Part-time position includes: a robust employee assistance program and other work related benefits.
- Be supervised and mentored by a team of diverse individuals through observation, formal and informal coaching sessions and overall recognition of successes in support of your professional capacity.
In Your Role You Will
- Coach and model wellness and self-care practices within the home with residents.
- Communicate and receive information from housing program team regarding progress of the residents, significant changes in behavior, and any concerns/challenges that the resident is experiencing.
- Foster a fun, engaging and non-judgmental environment that facilitates the exploration of wellness with residents.
- Build community within the house and community members to develop positive community relations.
- Work within a framework of natural law/natural consequences and relationship-based practices to implement relevant accountability processes.
- Administer medication for all residents
- Manage and maintain all documentation to ensure appropriate file management procedures are followed.
Education and Certifications
- Diploma in the area of human services, education and/or administration.
- Personal lived experience of addictions, mental illness, racism, discrimination, poverty is an asset
- Police Information Check including Vulnerable Sector.
- Child Intervention Check.
- Required Certification (or willingness to obtain): First Aid and CPR, Medication Administration, Suicide Intervention, Food Safety Training.
- Recommended Certification: Mental Health First Aid, De-escalation Certificate, Harm Reduction Training and Cultural Awareness.
- One year of related direct service work/lived experience.
- Experience working in collaborative partnerships.
- Working knowledge and experience with harm reduction, person-centered, trauma-informed, behavior modification, natural law, strength based, collaborative, and/or solution focused practice.