Administrative Assistant (full time) - High Prairie, Alberta
Job ID J1120-0341
Organization: WJS Canada
Job Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Location: High Prairie, Alberta, Canada
Hours of Work Per Week: 40 hrs/wk
Scheduled Days & Hours Each Week: Monday to Friday 8:30am to 4:30pm
Compensation: $18.50 - $25.00 /Hour
At WJS Canada, our passion is to improve lives of children, youth and families who are facing challenges. The WJS Canada office is a busy administration hub supporting the WJS Family Services programs, staff and management in High Prairie and area.
The Administrative Assistant will assist Program Managers with preparing and maintaining client and employee files, scheduling and pre-evaluation documents, completing job posting request forms, conducting reference checks and credential verifications, petty cash and expense reports, as well as, coordinating the social services drive program and other administration items for the programs as needed.
In Your Role You Will
• Organize and securely store confidential client & employee personnel records & files (electronic and paper), incoming information/documents, etc.
• Prepare, code & submit invoices, bills, expense claims, etc.
• Complete and submit payroll time sheets, leave requests etc.
• Work with Program Manager to coordinate/schedule social service drives for local families
• Create program reports, documentation and written communications.
• Maintain petty cash fund.
• Represent WJS to clients and communities in a professional manner on the telephone and in-person reception.
• Assist in the evaluation of program/service deliverables and contribute information and recommendations toward improvements.
• Schedule appointments for various services.
• Direct clients to appropriate agencies, contacts and/or service providers.
• Maintain office supplies and equipment.
• Adhere to program and provincial standards as well as WJS policies and procedures.
• Liaise with funding agencies and other WJS offices.
*** Prior to confirmation of employment all applicants must provide a current (dated within 6 months of hiring date) Criminal Record Check and Ministry Check. These checks can take up to 6 weeks to obtain, please ensure you prepare accordingly.
As An Ideal Candidate You Possess
• Completion of 2 year Certificate/Diploma (Administration or Human Resources)
• 1-2 years experience in an office environment
• Demonstrated ability to type 60 wpm
• Excellent Microsoft Office 365, Word, Excel skills
• Good working knowledge of client and personnel file maintenance, data systems, payroll and invoicing
• Good word processing and spreadsheet data entry skills capability
• Subject to a clear Criminal Record check
• Must have a reliable vehicle
What WJS Canada does
WJS keeps families strong through a variety of programs and services, including:
• Family Reunification, Preservation and Support
• Home Visitation
• Supported Family Time
• Family Team Meetings, Group Conferencing
• Family Finding & Engagement
• Child in Care Services
• Foster and Kinship Care and Support
• Personal and Family Counselling
• Early Intervention or Diversion Programs
• Driver Escorts for Families
Our Employees Enjoy
• Safe, supportive and caring team environment
• Training programs to ensure professional development and career development
• Flexible hours
• Generous benefit packages (for full time employees)
Is this the opportunity you've been looking for?
If so, please apply for JOB# J1120-0341 online at www.wjscanada.com
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!