The objective of the Crisis Worker role is to Provide information, support, referrals and advocacy to abused women and children in keeping with the Mission Statement and Philosophy of the Strathcona Shelter Society Ltd – A Safe Place.
Crisis Workers report to Director Shelter Programs and work closely with Admin Assistant, Child Support Workers, Facility Support Workers, Volunteer Coordinator and In-House Volunteers
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Post-Secondary Diploma or Degree in Social Work or equivalent.
• Experience working within the area of family violence, understanding of the dynamics of abuse, and impact of abuse on children.
• Demonstrated knowledge of the barriers and difficulties experienced by women who are experiencing violence and on the advocacy needed in order to move women forward.
• Understanding of the resources in the community that can be accessed in order to move women forward.
• Provide telephone support, information, referrals and when appropriate advocacy to clients accessing the 24-hour support crisis line.
• Assess clients for admission.
• Complete client intakes.
• Ability to do needs assessment that include action plan to be followed up.
• Ensure that the client has a Safety Plan and Complete Danger Assessment.
• Advocate on behalf of clients when appropriate.
• Ability to bring forward any learning opportunities regarding cases at the monthly Staff Meeting.
• Maintain accurate and comprehensive written documentation with client interactions.
• Maintain communication with other members of the team according to established procedures.
• Other job-related task as required.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $22.21 per hour
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!