Breakfast Club of Canada is looking to hire a passionate, resourceful, and self-motivated Coordinator with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to work with schools in setting up high-quality school breakfast programs. The Coordinator will also help enlist support for the Club and its mission at the regional level by activating community assets.
Reporting to the Programs Advisor, the Coordinator will work closely with schools and community partners to achieve high quality standards in organization, healthy eating, nutritional education and positive socialization for their breakfast programs. The Coordinator will also liaise with stakeholders to promote the awareness and growth of breakfast programs’ social impact.
More specifically, the selected candidate will:
• Coordinate the various steps involved in starting and running school breakfast programs;
• Provide the required training for setting up breakfast programs and offer ongoing support in line with the challenges met by each program;
• Review programs’ performance and ensure quality standards are upheld;
• Encourage schools to engage children and youth and get the community involved in a variety of ways;
• Keep watch over relevant community activity;
• Represent the Club at regional meetings and consultations;
• Play a proactive role in collaborative projects;
• Carry out various administrative tasks.
• Bachelor’s degree in nutrition, social work, education or another related field:
• An equivalent combination of relevant education and experience will be considered;
• Three or more years of relevant experience;
• Fluency in written and spoken French and English, a must;
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, plus database experience;
• Must pass a background and police check;
• Must own a vehicle and possess a valid driver’s licence.
• Subscribes to the Club’s values (children above all, community, integrity, energy);
• Is familiar with issues related to food security, healthy eating and/or social development;
• Keen planning and organizational skills;
• Aptitude for problem-solving;
• Ability to train others;
• Ability to work effectively within a team and with a wide variety of stakeholders.
• Permanent, full time, seasonal position;
• The selected candidate must have the ability and the required facilities to work from home;
• We are looking for a candidate residing in the Montreal region;
• 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday;
• Start date: as soon as possible.
Please Note: WorkInNonProfits.ca is not affiliated with and in no way endorses or vets the organization that posted this job. Any links posted within the job will take you to their external site where the same disclaimer applies.
Thanks for looking on WorkInNonProfits.ca and good luck with your job search!